what should i bring to an interview?

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
1) Dress appropriately. I had an applicant come in with BRIGHT ORANGE WORKOUT CLOTHES saying she just got off her job and didn't have time to change.

2) Arrive on time. In fact, come 10 minutes early just to make sure everything is in order. Don't come TOO early because then you run into other interviews and stuff and you sit there fidgeting like a weirdo.

3) Bring your resume, references, and any relevant information to give to the interviewer on request.

4) Don't smell funky. If you douse yourself with cologne / perfume -- or the opposite -- smell like a sewer, it will affect the interview.

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by: amnesiac
1) Dress appropriately. I had an applicant come in with BRIGHT ORANGE WORKOUT CLOTHES saying she just got off her job and didn't have time to change.

2) Arrive on time. In fact, come 10 minutes early just to make sure everything is in order. Don't come TOO early because then you run into other interviews and stuff and you sit there fidgeting like a weirdo.

3) Bring your resume, references, and any relevant information to give to the interviewer on request.

4) Don't smell funky. If you douse yourself with cologne / perfume -- or the opposite -- smell like a sewer, it will affect the interview.

5) Get really stoned or drunk before the interview

6) If you're a woman and the interviewer is a man, wear a short skirt and no underwear, so you can do the Basic Instinct thing.

:D

T3C

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2003
Originally posted by: amnesiac

NogginBoink

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
I always brought pen and notepad.

Also, ensure that you get the business card of whoever interviews you, with their name and address, so you can send a thank you card. If they don't have a business card, write down their name and ENSURE YOU GET THE CORRECT SPELLING.