What should I be playing?

IL2SturmovikPilot

Jan 31, 2008
RTS if you like commanding troops or building empires from scratch,FPS if you like shooting,blowing up or even stabbing/punching people,and RPG if you like Quest's and stuff like that.

IL2SturmovikPilot

Jan 31, 2008
Can't help you much since i don't play much games and they're all RTS,but if you don't mind the shitty graphics,you gotta play Rome: Total War or Rise of Nations.

Capitalizt

Banned
Nov 28, 2004
First things first...Get Orange Box for Team Fortress 2.

For an awesome single player experience, pick up Bioshock and play in the dark.

For fast-paced realtime strategy that is easy for a noob to get into, grab World in Conflict.

All amazing games.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Disciples 2, preferably the gold edition. It can be found at Target and Walmart in the bargain section.

Act Of War. Dont know where the best place is to purchase it, but you shouldnt have to spend more than 20 bucks.

Deus Ex. (STEAM)

Those 3 should keep you busy for a long time.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
RTS

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War + Winter Assault + Dark Crusade + Soulstorm (all expansions)
Rise of Nations + Thrones & Patriots

RTS + Turned Based

Total War series (Rome: Total War + Barbarian Invasions, and/or Medieval II: Total War + Kingdoms)

FPS

Orange Box (Portal, Half-Life series, Team Fortress 2)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
Bioshock

fexint

Jun 28, 2005
I'll second World in Conflict for something a little different in the RTS camp.

Also consider Penumbra: Black Plague for a bit of a different take on FPS; it's actually an adventure-FPS (or an FP I suppose ;-), but fab atmosphere, highly recommended (review here if you're interested: http://www.itreviews.co.uk/games/g420.htm )

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
None of you mentioned company of heros! What the hell guys!?

OP you need:

Company of heros gold

Orange box

Oh ya and sins of a solar empire, ive linked it in my sig since its a really well done game and deserves support, its the kind of game EA could never hope to make.