What r u drinking for St Patty's Day?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Jameson_18_Year_Old_Irish_Whiskey_295482.jpeg

+

MIBUN.jpg

$100 Jameson for mixing? :eek:

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
mmm good stuff

that's a good idea. i'll either have a mt dew tomorrow, or one of those "coke green" drinks. coke green is actually pretty good.
Update: I drank the Pepsi. It was everything I could have hoped for from a drink of flavored sugar water.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
The Bundaberg "Invert bottle before opening" has always bothered me. I think it's a ploy to sell more ginger beer.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
The Bundaberg "Invert bottle before opening" has always bothered me. I think it's a ploy to sell more ginger beer.

But, if you look at the label:

MIBUN.jpg

You'll notice a kangaroo at the bottom...that means, like Australia, everything is upside down...you HAVE TO turn it over...to prevent spillage! :p

(or...it COULD be that you're supposed to turn it over to help "mix" any solids that might have collected at the bottom of the bottle...)
https://www.bundaberg.com/

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
$100 Jameson for mixing? :eek:

Jameson Black Label is $35/bottle. Not close to $100.

And I agree, just stick to the normal $20/bottle stuff if your going to mix it.

I'll have to try an Irish Mule at some point but I just don't see the juice of 1/2 to 1 Lime in my Whiskey mixer tasting any good. Bleh!

And the best Ginger Beer is Barrit's!

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
Tullamore Dew on the rocks -

Still find it absurd so few bars carry this but cater to the Jameson/Bushmills swill drinkers.

One of the smoothest whiskey's I've every had. Not what one typically thinks of as an Irish, though.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Not what one typically thinks of as an Irish, though.

Why's that? I think it's quintessentially Irish. The pot still flavor really comes through. Jamesons is trash. The only reason people drink it is out of republican loyalty, and not knowing better. It's the only whiskey I've (virtually)thrown out. It was undrinkable, so I used it for cooking.

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Jameson Black Label is $35/bottle. Not close to $100.

And I agree, just stick to the normal $20/bottle stuff if your going to mix it.

I'll have to try an Irish Mule at some point but I just don't see the juice of 1/2 to 1 Lime in my Whiskey mixer tasting any good. Bleh!

And the best Ginger Beer is Barrit's!

Heh, ok. I looked for jameson 18, as thats what the bottle on his image seemed to say. Came up with this.
http://www.bevmo.com/Shop/ProductDe...ey/Jameson/Jameson-18-Year-Irish-Whiskey/8935

I see the regular black now.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
But, if you look at the label:

MIBUN.jpg

You'll notice a kangaroo at the bottom...that means, like Australia, everything is upside down...you HAVE TO turn it over...to prevent spillage! :p

(or...it COULD be that you're supposed to turn it over to help "mix" any solids that might have collected at the bottom of the bottle...)
https://www.bundaberg.com/

There are solids- ginger pulp :)