What PS4 exclusives are worth getting?

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
Just got a PS4 for the wife because she really wanted Uncharted 4. Already have an Xbox One and Wii U. Only plan on getting PS4 games that are exclusive.

Neither of us like 1st person shooters.

However games we like include
Fallout 3, 4, New Vegas
Kings Quest
Anything Tell Tale
Beyond
Uncharted
Platformers like Mario, etc.
Pikmin
LEGO Series
Little Big Planet

There are probably others I'm missing. I already ordered Uncharted 4 and and the 1-3 remaster. I will probably also get Detroit: Become Human cause I really liked Beyond. I might pick up Last of Us too since we never got around to playing it on the PS3. Any others out now or in the near future? I think we might like Ratchet and Clank.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
There's a few I liked and are looking forward to. I have given a list and you can find videos of all these.

Infamous Last Light
Last of Us
Uncharted
The Order 1886
Last Guardian (October release)
Horizon Zero Dawn (February 2017)
Persona 5 (February 2017)
They are remaking the Crash Bandicoot games from the PS1 as well
There's a new God of War game coming at some point
There's a cool looking game called Abzu coming out August 2 which is technically PS4 exclusive as far as consoles go but will also be on PC

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
MLB The Show

Obviously if you have any interest in baseball, your only choice (really) is the PS4.
Of course, it doesn't hurt that The Show is a phenomenal sports game on its own, and a blessing to baseball fans hardcore or casual. :thumbsup:

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Infamous is the reason I got the PS4, and it's still one of the better games IMO. Not sure how you'll like it if you don't like shooters. It's not a shooter, it's a 3rd world action open world, but the powers you use have shooter-esque mechanics to them so I'm not sure how you'll like it.

They released a completely remade Ratchet and Clank game, which is one of the best platformers out there. If you never played the original, or it's been a while (like me) it's a great option.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
MLB The Show

Obviously if you have any interest in baseball, your only choice (really) is the PS4.
Of course, it doesn't hurt that The Show is a phenomenal sports game on its own, and a blessing to baseball fans hardcore or casual. :thumbsup:

This

olsson

Banned
Jun 27, 2016
If you like horrors you must check Until Dawn. Absolutely great game. I played with my girlfriend 3 times and looking forward to another part (they said that it should be in the next year).

Nashemon

Jun 14, 2012
Just got a PS4 for the wife because she really wanted Uncharted 4. Already have an Xbox One and Wii U. Only plan on getting PS4 games that are exclusive.
The Ms. and I just bought a PS4 for exactly these reasons, so tagging this topic.

Lil Frier

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2013
MLB The Show

Unless you want good rosters. Every time I see it posted that The Show's player ratings are updated, it's a total mess.

Fulle

Aug 18, 2008
I agree with some of the obvious choices. Infamous, Bloodborne, Uncharted, etc.

To add something a little less commonly recommended, I really like 'Odin Sphere Leifthrasir.' It's a Vanillaware game with great hand drawn art, like Muramasa or Dragon's Crown. The original Odin Sphere release had a lot of slowdown issues, so just porting it over to the PS4 with an HD graphics update would have been worthwhile by itself, but Vanillaware went through a lot of effort updating the whole game to the point where it's more of a remake than remaster. There's a free demo up on PSN that I'd recommend looking into.

Fulle

Aug 18, 2008
Odin Sphere is great, I just got it for my Vita.

Yes, I'm making the assumption that the OP only has a PS4, and doesn't have a PS3 or Vita. I thought Muramasa looked pretty great on the Vita (I have the OG OLED Vita), and will be getting Odin Sphere on Vita eventually.

On another related note, it's interesting how many games are Playstation exclusive. Vanillaware games have had a strong preference for Playstation. Odin Sphere started off as a PS2 exclusive. Dragon's Crown was PS3 and Vita exclusive. Muramasa Rebirth is a Vita exclusive (kind of a remaster from the Wii version of the game)... and now we have Odin Sphere Leifthrasir as a Playstation exclusive on PS Vita, PS4, and PS3. I just take it for granted that I can play games like this, and when I go over to Xbox I look at what's available with a little bit of disbelief, like "no Vanillaware games? What? Hey, where are most of the Square Enix games? WTF?"

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
Unless you want good rosters. Every time I see it posted that The Show's player ratings are updated, it's a total mess.

I've yet to find any player ratings that are so poor/inaccurate as to affect the enjoyment of an otherwise excellent game.

Every sports game every year has player ratings that cause a furor. It happens consistently with Madden and NBA2K as well.
Non-issue, IMO.

Lil Frier

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2013
I've yet to find any player ratings that are so poor/inaccurate as to affect the enjoyment of an otherwise excellent game.

Every sports game every year has player ratings that cause a furor. It happens consistently with Madden and NBA2K as well.
Non-issue, IMO.

It just depends on what you care about. I don't like the idea of a realistic sports game that doesn't represent reality. Stanton, as one example, showed horrendous contact ability all season (until the last couple of weeks), and they kept him up at 93. I think that Bogerts (one of the best players in baseball this season) sat below Stanton until this last roster update, almost 3 months into the season. Kris Bryant might have been in the same boat.

It's nice that you can easily get good, third-party rosters. However, that SCEA can't bother to do real research and build realistic players through the widely available sabermetrics you can find for free on the Internet is disappointing.

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
There's a few I liked and are looking forward to. I have given a list and you can find videos of all these.

Infamous Last Light
Last of Us
Uncharted
The Order 1886
Last Guardian (October release)
Horizon Zero Dawn (February 2017)
Persona 5 (February 2017)
They are remaking the Crash Bandicoot games from the PS1 as well
There's a new God of War game coming at some point
There's a cool looking game called Abzu coming out August 2 which is technically PS4 exclusive as far as consoles go but will also be on PC

The Order, is this as bad as some make it sound, I have watched a few reviews (and i actually have the game I have just not played it yet). It didn't look that bad to me, I do despise games that are way to short (but that seems to be almost all of them now) and I know it awfully short, but otherwise it looked to be Ok. Is the hate from to big of expectations or is it just bad?

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
The Order, is this as bad as some make it sound, I have watched a few reviews (and i actually have the game I have just not played it yet). It didn't look that bad to me, I do despise games that are way to short (but that seems to be almost all of them now) and I know it awfully short, but otherwise it looked to be Ok. Is the hate from to big of expectations or is it just bad?

The production values, shooting, movement, graphics, and everything is pretty top notch IMO. Yeah it's short but what is there is really solid to me.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
the order is probably the best single player game i've played this gen on x1 or ps4 since the consoles have released. granted, i haven't played uncharted 4 yet.

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
the order is probably the best single player game i've played this gen on x1 or ps4 since the consoles have released. granted, i haven't played uncharted 4 yet.

thanks, about what I expected, looking forward to playing it. Today it seems a lot of Hate for OK games, nothing wrong with pointing out flaws, but it seems they overlook that its a solid game and just point out the bad nowadays. I will say as i did, to short is a big bad no no to me and i hear its pretty short. I guess for $9.99 new I can live with it.

thanks again

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
thanks, about what I expected, looking forward to playing it. Today it seems a lot of Hate for OK games, nothing wrong with pointing out flaws, but it seems they overlook that its a solid game and just point out the bad nowadays. I will say as i did, to short is a big bad no no to me and i hear its pretty short. I guess for $9.99 new I can live with it.

thanks again

I was going to buy PS4 just for Order, but the less than stellar reviews made me change my mind.

If I eventually get the Neo, I will give it a shot now that it's so cheap.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001

thanks again

it took me like 8 hours to finish i think. i bought it off somoene on these forums for like $30 or $25 or something. at like $4 or so per hour, yeah i'm not going to cry about that. i spend more than that to watch a movie in the theater for my wife and i.

iluvdeal

Golden Member
Nov 22, 1999
The Order can be bought new for around $15, it's worth a play at that price.

OP, definitely play Last of Us. I'd actually put that at the top of your playlist. The opening scene at the house is just the setup, don't worry the rest of the game is nothing like that.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Just on a whim I stopped in Best Buy because I had some reward points and was browsing the ps4 section. Ended up picking up Tearaway Unfolded for $10 and am surprised of how good it is on the ps4. I played the original Vita version and really enjoyed it. This is a fantastic platformer we that uses all the features of the dual shock 4 very well and the paper world has a very nice art style. New it is $20 and definitely worth it IMO.