What Prime Day Deals have You snagged?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
Not Amazon deals but I got thru eBay via Best Buy a Nvidia Shield TV with Remote and Controller for $155 and bought from Best Buy a SiliconDust HDHomeRun Quartro Tuner for $99 and a Samsung Smartthings Motion Sensor for $15.

Finally bought something thru Amazon Prime Day - got the AmazonBasics Premium Dual Monitor Arm for $160. It's a rebadged Ergotron and only goes on sale a couple of times a year.

Do you have a link to the Smartthings deal? Bestbuy website has it at $25 again, so maybe it went back up. I need a handful of additional sensors but those effers are pricy.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Prepare to have your account w/ Ancestry DNA hacked, and anyone w/ familial DNA history will now be available, to anyone, everywhere Chaotic42, it has happened before! :(

I appreciate the heads up, but I seem to have my identity stolen every year anyway :p

Nov 20, 2009
I had forgotten all about Prime day until I saw this thread late yesterday. I am surprised Amazon didn't send out emails at the beginning of this week or last letting people know. Oh well, there wasn't anything I had planned on buying anyway so the loss of disappointment for it not being on sale during Prime day was maybe a good emotional thing.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
I had forgotten all about Prime day until I saw this thread late yesterday. I am surprised Amazon didn't send out emails at the beginning of this week or last letting people know. Oh well, there wasn't anything I had planned on buying anyway so the loss of disappointment for it not being on sale during Prime day was maybe a good emotional thing.

I got several emails from them about Prime Day and it was all over many of the news sites....

Cal166

Diamond Member
May 6, 2000
Was able to snag a FireStick for $15 with the $5off promo by using their app to search.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Nothing for me. I was excited for the first Prime Day a few years ago but it was pretty fail and so since then I haven't been too interested in it, probably even less so this year. I picked up some cat dental treats, HTC Vive face foam replacements, and HTC Vive deluxe audio strap today though, WOOT. I don't think any of it would've been on sale yesterday.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Ordered a cheap mobo for the wife's pc. GIGABYTE GA-AB350M-DS3H.
She has been playing on laptops for her RPGs and she doesn't like my desktop system in my home office so I'm setting her up with something that can handle 1080p reasonably well in the living room on our TV.
I'm still pissed RAM prices are WAYYYYYYYYYY more than they were in 2016. I upgraded my HTPC from Socket 939 to a 4th gen i5 and ram was $50 for 16GB.

With current market price for DDR4 it's tough to get an 8GB dueal channel kit under $100!
I know it's an unstable market, but 4x price increase is insane.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Only a couple of things so far...Adidas addisage slides, Ancestry DNA testing. Still shopping.

Damn...slides delivered today...less than 24 hours after I placed the order.

Last edited:

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
I was tempted by those Blink XT outdoor cameras, and even more so when you add in the American Express deal. However, in checking some reviews, they noted a bit worse visual quality... and I already own one PoE-based camera. The only reason I was considering the wireless cameras is that no one can seem to figure out how to get into the area above one part of my house. So, if I wanted a camera in that area, which I do, I'd have to either (a) create an entrance, (b) learn to fish wires like a pro, or (c) run the wires partially outside.

You have to be careful with how you use Blink cameras. They are NOT 24/7 security cameras and people can’t seem to understand that. They’re designed to only take videos when armed and motion activated and if you arm them and put them in super high-traffic areas, the battery will go fast. That’s the source of most of the negative reviews. Video quality is actually pretty good.

For me, outside of a couple of areas, it is just too tough to wire cameras. With 22 of these cameras, I have them on all entries into the house and at strategic points around the perimeter. I likely also have the network range to possibly put one or two up in trees in the front yard to monitor the house.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
You have to be careful with how you use Blink cameras. They are NOT 24/7 security cameras and people can’t seem to understand that. They’re designed to only take videos when armed and motion activated and if you arm them and put them in super high-traffic areas, the battery will go fast. That’s the source of most of the negative reviews. Video quality is actually pretty good.

For me, outside of a couple of areas, it is just too tough to wire cameras. With 22 of these cameras, I have them on all entries into the house and at strategic points around the perimeter. I likely also have the network range to possibly put one or two up in trees in the front yard to monitor the house.

22 cameras? WTF are you afraid of? Is your neighborhood THAT bad?

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Gear S3 for 220. May not keep it tho. I already have 4 smartwatches.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
The 8086Ks are getting cheaper and are still on sale on Amazon. It's getting tempting.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
y5spp2gtdsa11.jpg

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Personally, I snagged the $5.00 Amazon G/C promotion and a Nintendo 3DS XL SNES Edition; either way I will be ahead. :)

I missed out on the $5 GC, but I got the N3DSXL. I wish I had known it would be a deal, since earlier on Monday I bought the N2DSXL from Target for $130 but I think I can just return the 2DS.

I got the N3DSXL yesterday and I like it much better than the N2DSXL. It feels more solid and the screen doesn't wobble at all, plus the SNES theme is awesome - I was worried that the gray would be light, as it looks in the picture, but it's a medium gray that looks good.

The biggest thing for me is the hand position to use the d-pad is much more comfortable on the N3DSXL (side rant... why couldn't Nintendo just call it a freaking 3DS+ or something?) The extra ~0.25" of blank space below the d-pad means you don't have to use the tip of your thumb if you want to hold it comfortably. That's a big thing for me since I'll be using this mainly for retro games.

I don't have any games yet (waiting on my R4i cart so I can load up a custom firmware), but the 3D just in the main menu was pretty awesome; I can't wait to play some 3D games.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
1tb MX500 ssd combined with amex discount ended up being below $130

Is that the M.2 or the 2.5"? If it's the prior, you may want to be wary of how hot they get. I use one in my desktop, and it hits the thermal limit (63C) quite easily unless it has direct airflow.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Do you have a link to the Smartthings deal? Bestbuy website has it at $25 again, so maybe it went back up. I need a handful of additional sensors but those effers are pricy.

Ugh, just seeing this now. I believe it might have been a sale thru Tuesday during Amazon Prime Day. I believe you also needed to be logged into your account on Bestbuy.com to see the lower price. I heard the older sensors which is the one I worked pretty well but the new revisions are horrible.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Well we will have plenty of TP, paper towels & cat food to move to the new place :) Best of all its already boxed & ready to move :)

I have a thing about always having enough TP, nothing is worse than running out at 5AM. Plus, I saved money. Love Amazon, love it :)