What position should Hunter Biden serve under the Biden Administration?

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Why do you care? I don’t monitor your posting patterns and don’t expect you to agree with me, nor do I feel compelled to insult you when I think you’re wrong.

This has nothing to do with disagreement. I'm sure the word "nepotism" applies in some way to Hunter Biden. I'm equally sure there aren't many children of such prominent politicians who have never received any professional benefit from the connection.

The issue is a double standard, and specifically your statement that you never made excuses for Trump, which appears to be the case, except you never really said anything about Trump at all. In spite of him having his unqualified daughter and son-in-law working in the White House, the latter being tasked with peace in the middle east, to name just one.

That's called a hypocritical double standard, and it's more than fair game to point it out.

I’m flattered by all the concern, its just a bit odd that in a political forum, there is such a strong preference for groupthink.

Not sure what your reference to "groupthink" means here, unless by that, you mean that you feel the need to be a contrarian, so if almost everyone around here thinks that Trump is utterly vile, you need to tell everyone that democrats are roughly the same. Regardless of how valid the comparison actually is. All in order to counter "groupthink."

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
This has nothing to do with disagreement. I'm sure the word "nepotism" applies in some way to Hunter Biden. I'm equally sure there aren't many children of such prominent politicians who have never received any professional benefit from the connection.

The issue is a double standard, and specifically your statement that you never made excuses for Trump, which appears to be the case, except you never really said anything about Trump at all. In spite of him having his unqualified daughter and son-in-law working in the White House, the latter being tasked with peace in the middle east, to name just one.

That's called a hypocritical double standard, and it's more than fair game to point it out.
It would only be hypocritical if I were to defend Trump’s children and the positions they hold, which I haven’t. I’ve been critical of Trump’s children, your problem seems to be that I don’t do it often enough. That’s not hypocritical, it appears the crime I’ve committed is not virtue signaling enough. That’s groupthink. I always find it humorous when I get likes when I say something snarky about Trump. I thought this was a political forum, not a playground.

The only people being hypocritical are those who consistently and constantly complain about Trump and yet are so very and deeply concerned about my opinion on Hunter Biden. Three of the most concerned unsurprisingly liked your post. Some will be along shortly to laugh at mine (lol called it). By your standard, they are the hypocrites, because they always come running with their buckets.

Not sure what your reference to "groupthink" means here, unless by that, you mean that you feel the need to be a contrarian, so if almost everyone around here thinks that Trump is utterly vile, you need to tell everyone that democrats are roughly the same. Regardless of how valid the comparison actually is. All in order to counter "groupthink."
Groupthink is the hypocritical and disingenuous double standard you are holding me to. Since you made the accusation, you will have to point out where I’ve stated equivalence between Democrats and the GOP. I say groupthink because this forum is a left leaning echo chamber. There’s very few people left worth engaging with.

The mistake you, and others, make is the assumption that just because the GOP is wrong on something, that makes the Democrats right. I see things from bothsidesTM. That doesn’t make me contrarian or a troll, it means I see things from a diverse perspective born of my life experiences. Waterboy bitches unsurprisingly have a problem with this.

The irony in all of this that because I know more than a few Trump supporters in my personal life, and don’t hesitate to challenge them when they start rambling about conspiracies, they all think I’m a raging liberal. I find the irony delicious.

You at least back up your arguments, and for that I thank you.

Last edited:

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
It would only be hypocritical if I were to defend Trump’s children and the positions they hold, which I haven’t. I’ve been critical of Trump’s children, your problem seems to be that I don’t do it often enough. That’s not hypocritical, it appears the crime I’ve committed is not virtue signaling enough. That’s groupthink. I always find it humorous when I get likes when I say something snarky about Trump. I thought this was a political forum, not a playground.

The only people being hypocritical are those who consistently and constantly complain about Trump and yet are so very and deeply concerned about my opinion on Hunter Biden. Three of the most concerned unsurprisingly liked your post. Some will be along shortly to laugh at mine. By your standard, they are the hypocrites, because they always come running with their buckets.

Groupthink is the hypocritical and disingenuous double standard you are holding me to. Since you made the accusation, you will have to point out where I’ve stated equivalence between Democrats and the GOP. I say groupthink because this forum is a left leaning echo chamber. There’s very few people left worth engaging with.

The mistake you, and others, make is the assumption that just because the GOP is wrong on something, that makes the Democrats right. I see things from bothsidesTM. That doesn’t make me contrarian or a troll, it means I see things from a diverse perspective born of my life experiences. Waterboy bitches unsurprisingly have a problem with this.

The irony in all of this that because I know more than a few Trump supporters in my personal life, and don’t hesitate to challenge them when they start rambling about conspiracies, they all think I’m a raging liberal. I find the irony delicious.

You at least back up your arguments, and for that I thank you.

You have rambled on endlessly in this thread and is your point that the children of highs ranking politicians have a leg up in life? I have some bad new for you... life isn't fair. I could list thousands of other names in place of Hunter who also had a leg up in life. Ask yourself why you are so fixated Hunter. It's extremely odd no?

Groupthink is the reason you and countless others have shared concern over Hunter in the first place.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
You have rambled on endlessly in this thread and is your point that the children of highs ranking politicians have a leg up in life? I have some bad new for you... life isn't fair. I could list thousands of other names in place of Hunter who also had a leg up in life. Ask yourself why you are so fixated Hunter. It's extremely odd no?

Groupthink is the reason you and countless others have shared concern over Hunter in the first place.
It’s your groupthink that you believe he is using groupthink......

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ivanka Trump - Paid adviser to Trump and head of consulting firm that directly benefits from tax payter dollars. Work history (Trump family business) - Appears on the Apprentice. Created vanity corporations to serve as way to funnel $$$$ away from Trump companies to cheat taxes.

Jared Kushner - Paid Advisor to Trump white house. Shat on the State Department and meddled in international affairs. Work History - Daddys business....daddy was convicted illegal campaign contributions, tax evasion, and witness tampering.

Eric and Don Jr Trump - LOL. Former reality TV stars who currently acts as proxies for Trump and serve on his campaign.

vs

Hunter Biden - His last name is Biden and he has a career that is not unheard of for a Ivy league lawyer.

Reactions: zinfamous

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Ivanka Trump - Paid adviser to Trump and head of consulting firm that directly benefits from tax payter dollars. Work history (Trump family business) - Appears on the Apprentice. Created vanity corporations to serve as way to funnel $$$$ away from Trump companies to cheat taxes.

Jared Kushner - Paid Advisor to Trump white house. Shat on the State Department and meddled in international affairs. Work History - Daddys business....daddy was convicted illegal campaign contributions, tax evasion, and witness tampering.

Eric and Don Jr Trump - LOL. Former reality TV stars who currently acts as proxies for Trump and serve on his campaign.

vs

Hunter Biden - His last name is Biden and he has a career that is not unheard of for a Ivy league lawyer.

Don't forget that Jared had big financial obligations that should have prevented him from getting certain security clearances, and that while being point man on some middle eastern affairs, magically got his massive fuck up of a real estate deal at 666 5th ave bailed out by a Qatari sovereign fund.

Reactions: Meghan54

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Don't forget that Jared had big financial obligations that should have prevented him from getting certain security clearances, and that while being point man on some middle eastern affairs, magically got his massive fuck up of a real estate deal at 666 5th ave bailed out by a Qatari sovereign fund.

that's just normal non-swampy behavior though.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

*Checks notes*, ah it's a Republican admin so doesn't matter. LOCK HER UP

Reactions: hal2kilo