What position should Hunter Biden serve under the Biden Administration?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
One of my old friends got an age waiver to join the Navy reserves back in the mid 2000s, and he was just a normal middle class guy, lol. Literally NO connections.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
I didn't think it was worth talking about since it involves someone trying join the Navy Reserve so that they can serve on the public affairs division.
Having known of people who had their age waived so they can go fight in Iraq, I didn't think trying to make a big deal of it was an actual thing.
Are you very passionate about the fact that someone got an age waiver to get into the reserves?
Is it your argument that it is unacceptable that someone got their age waived so they can serve in a specific division of the Navy Reserve?
Obtaining a waiver to serve is a good thing, he did however also receive a waiver for his prior drug use. That he failed his first urinalysis demonstrates a complete lack of respect for the waivers and commission he received.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Obtaining a waiver to serve is a good thing, he did however also receive a waiver for his prior drug use. That he failed his first urinalysis demonstrates a complete lack of respect for the waivers and commission he received.

What's your argument again?

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
When I hear the term nepotism, it's usually in reference to actually giving your family the job. Without his last name of Biden, I would for sure be willing to wager he wouldn't have been able to open certain doors for certain career paths. I think we can definitely agree Hunter benefited from having the last name Biden. But Joe has never hired him.
Sure. Is that nepotism?

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Maybe he can get discharged from the military again, or go run Amtrak again given his extensive rail knowledge gained from riding them

Which would still be more qualification than Javanka had for any "responsibilities" they were given in the White House...

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Which would still be more qualification than Javanka had for any "responsibilities" they were given in the White House...
Good thing I’ve never made excuses for Javanka and acknowledge that Trump’s nepotism eclipses that of Biden by several orders of magnitude, which is why I voted for Biden. I would go so far as to say that @Jhhnn played a large role in influencing my vote.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Good thing I’ve never made excuses for Javanka and acknowledge that Trump’s nepotism eclipses that of Biden by several orders of magnitude, which is why I voted for Biden. I would go so far as to say that @Jhhnn played a large role in influencing my vote.

This is what I get when I respond to a pg1 post without reading to pg7 where it's gone completely off the rails in the most predictable way.
Lol

Last edited:

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
So much concern

Spell nepotism for us big boy.

Also, "Good thing I’ve never made excuses for Javanka and" ... sure but you sure as hell never ever ever called it out like have Hunter's ... curious predicament.
Who programmed you to hate on the left and why do you think that is? We all see you cozy up to some1 when he is about to go full Slow as well as others .. its that flock thing where you come together to hate on the left. Who taught you that?

On some level you must realize you dont hold the left and the right to the same level, the same standard.

Last edited:

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Spell nepotism for us big boy.
Sure thing, little guy - November Echo Papa Oscar Tango India Sierra Mike - Hunter’s military career was so short he probably never even got to phonetic alphabet.

Also, "Good thing I’ve never made excuses for Javanka and" ... sure but you sure as hell never ever ever called it out like have Hunter's ... curious predicament.
Who programmed you to hate on the left and why do you think that is? We all see you cozy up to some1 when he is about to go full Slow as well as others .. its that flock thing where you come together to hate on the left. Who taught you that?

On some level you must realize you dont hold the left and the right to the same level, the same standard.
You are correct, I don’t hold the right to the same level. I completely dismiss the right as not even being part of the discussion. We certainly have right leaning posters on this forum. I rarely like their posts. I don’t come to their defense. I don’t post in agreement in their threads. I suppose I could virtue signal my rejection of the right over and over, but I feel you and others are truly exceptional at it.

Last edited:

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Last I heard, most went back to playing Fortnite, except for the ones in Portland...they vandalized a Biden campaign office and a Whole Foods because reasons.

Somehow I knew you would have some obscure tidbits of information on them.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

Yeah, you never "made excuses" because you never said anything at all. If you really think Trump's nepotism is "orders of magnitude worse" than Biden's, then you must have been largely absent from this discussion board for several years. Run your name with the word "nepotism" and it yields one comment on Trump and about 25 on Hunter Biden. 404 outrage not found, until now.

Of course, it's especially important to comment on Hunter Biden given the zero chance he's going to be working in this administration. Apparently, it's the issues which don't matter that always require the most ardent commentary.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Javanka's nepotism in government makes Hunter Biden look like amateur hour at worst, if it's even anything at all. Biden capitalized off his name for sure, but he had a good pedigree as well. Yale law with his name equals shit happening.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Sure thing, little guy - November Echo Papa Oscar Tango India Sierra Mike - Hunter’s military career was so short he probably never even got to phonetic alphabet.

You are correct, I don’t hold the right to the same level. I completely dismiss the right as not even being part of the discussion. We certainly have right leaning posters on this forum. I rarely like their posts. I don’t come to their defense. I don’t post in agreement in their threads. I suppose I could virtue signal my rejection of the right over and over, but I feel you and others are truly exceptional at it.

People might take you more serious if you started criticizing them otherwise by the looks of things it seems like you only like to hold one side accountable.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Yeah, you never "made excuses" because you never said anything at all. If you really think Trump's nepotism is "orders of magnitude worse" than Biden's, then you must have been largely absent from this discussion board for several years. Run your name with the word "nepotism" and it yields one comment on Trump and about 25 on Hunter Biden. 404 outrage not found, until now.

Of course, it's especially important to comment on Hunter Biden given the zero chance he's going to be working in this administration. Apparently, it's the issues which don't matter that always require the most ardent commentary.
Why do you care? I don’t monitor your posting patterns and don’t expect you to agree with me, nor do I feel compelled to insult you when I think you’re wrong. I’m flattered by all the concern, its just a bit odd that in a political forum, there is such a strong preference for groupthink.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Why do you care? I don’t monitor your posting patterns and don’t expect you to agree with me, nor do I feel compelled to insult you when I think you’re wrong. I’m flattered by all the concern, its just a bit odd that in a political forum, there is such a strong preference for groupthink.
It's hard to ignore a dishonest troll.