What position should Hunter Biden serve under the Biden Administration?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Then it should be relatively easy for you to provide a plausible alternative explanation.
I already did: his Yale connections. Now, are you going to provide some of this ample evidence you claim exists or admit you misspoke?

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
I already did: his Yale connections. Now, are you going to provide some of this ample evidence you claim exists or admit you misspoke?
Plus he worked at a large bank where he rose to the rank of EVP. He left that job to take a position at the States Department of Commerce. Both would help qualify him for a spot on the Amtrak Reform Council and probably why the Senate confirmed him for the role. The Amtrak gig wasn't lucrative but was good for his resume. He actually seem highly intelligent but unfortunately has substances abuse issues.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
And I explained why Yale connections would not account for all of the jobs he held.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
I think this thread needs more arguments based on "so I've heard". Therefore I'm going to throw in my two cents:

Hunter Biden is the modern day version of this guy (NFSW):

The second part of his story is a two-parter, so don't forget to click on 'next':

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
I don't think Starbuck wants an actual answer. He just want's keep pushing his premise. It's his style

For him, it's insane that a bank would hire a lawyer who was Yale graduate and insane that lawyer would get promoted.
For him it's insane that that the Clinton administration would hire a Yale trained lawyer who worked for the nations leading credit card issuer to work on e-commerce policy in the late 90's when "e-commerce" was in it's infancy. It was in 1997 the Clinton issued directives and Biden landed the job.
It's insane for him that a yale trained lawyer with experience in both the public sector and private would form relationships and start up law firms or create a lobbying business.
It inconceivable that such a lawyer with government experience, lobbying experience, e-commerce, financial and legal experience would take a non-paying gig on the Amtrak board to help them deal with financials issues.

BUH BUH BUH..HE NEVER WORK IN THE TRAIN INERSTRAH!!!
Law is different in the Train industry. It's written in Train-ish and only specialized Lawyers can translate it with their decoder ring.

Maybe Starbuck thinks the only reason that such a person has seen success in his life and not himself is because Starbuck's parents are nobodies and Biden is a senator.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
I don't think Starbuck wants an actual answer. He just want's keep pushing his premise. It's his style

For him, it's insane that a bank would hire a lawyer who was Yale graduate and insane that lawyer would get promoted.
I like how you omitted that said bank was a major contributor to Biden’s political career and he in turn has deep ties to said bank.

!For him it's insane that that the Clinton administration would hire a Yale trained lawyer who worked for the nations leading credit card issuer to work on e-commerce policy in the late 90's when "e-commerce" was in it's infancy. It was in 1997 the Clinton issued directives and Biden landed the job.
It's insane for him that a yale trained lawyer with experience in both the public sector and private would form relationships and start up law firms or create a lobbying business.
Good thing I’ve never criticized this role on his resume.

It inconceivable that such a lawyer with government experience, lobbying experience, e-commerce, financial and legal experience would take a non-paying gig on the Amtrak board to help them deal with financials issues.
He did an awesome job, our interstate rail system is a joke.

Maybe Starbuck thinks the only reason that such a person has seen success in his life and not himself is because Starbuck's parents are nobodies and Biden is a senator.
My parents are nobodies. They are the children of peasant farmers who fled war, grew up in the inner cities and managed to carve out a humble middle class existence for themselves. They are better people than the ones who raised you. The military was my path forward, which is why I am so critical of Biden’s military commission, something I highly respect that is to be earned and he was handed and squandered, something you omitted in your little speech to the peanut gallery.

I believe the appropriate response is “check your privilege”. Not sure why you keep carrying water for Hunter Biden, but by all means, please continue.

Last edited:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I like how you omitted that said bank was a major contributor to Biden’s political career and he in turn has deep ties to said bank.

Good thing I’ve never criticized this role on his resume.

He did an awesome job, our interstate rail system is a joke.

My parents are nobodies. They are the children of peasant farmers who fled war, grew up in the inner cities and managed to carve out a humble middle class existence for themselves. They are better people than the ones who raised you. The military was my path forward, which is why I am so critical of Biden’s military commission, something I highly respect that is to be earned and he was handed and squandered.

I believe the appropriate response is “check your privilege”. Not sure why you keep carrying water for Hunter Biden, but by all means, please continue.
Because he's totally irrelevant.

Reactions: ivwshane

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
The military was my path forward, which is why I am so critical of Biden’s military commission, something I highly respect that is to be earned and he was handed and squandered.
Yes, I remember you being critical of GWB's military commission and practices while "serving".

/s

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011

Let's see...
A Delaware based company contributed to the Senator of Delaware. How fucking investigative of you. While the bulk of MBNA's contributions went to Republicans, you have brought up the point that a Delaware based company filled with residents of Delaware made contributions to Biden in the past and you are now going to list the year by year contributions that MBNA made to Biden.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Yes, I remember you being critical of GWB's military commission and practices while "serving".

/s
Citation needed. I have been critical of W, compared him to Hunter on more than one occasion and cited his Presidency as the reason I got out and registered as an independent. From the 2000 election, you will find posts where I supported him over Gore because I saw him as the lesser evil at the time. Your point?

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Let's see...
A Delaware based company contributed to the Senator of Delaware. How fucking investigative of you. While the bulk of MBNA's contributions went to Republicans, you have brought up the point that a Delaware based company filled with residents of Delaware made contributions to Biden in the past and you are now going to list the year by year contributions that MBNA made to Biden.
Keep dodging the military service waterboy

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Keep dodging the military service waterboy

I didn't think it was worth talking about since it involves someone trying join the Navy Reserve so that they can serve on the public affairs division.
Having known of people who had their age waived so they can go fight in Iraq, I didn't think trying to make a big deal of it was an actual thing.
Are you very passionate about the fact that someone got an age waiver to get into the reserves?
Is it your argument that it is unacceptable that someone got their age waived so they can serve in a specific division of the Navy Reserve?

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Hunter Biden getting a commission in the Navy RESERVES is the hill that Starbuck is going to die on? lol

Reactions: hal2kilo

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Hunter Biden getting a commission in the Navy RESERVES is the hill that Starbuck is going to die on? lol

Only nepotism can get you the waivers required to get in the Navy Reserve.
With the train wreck the Navy is, I think I might try and pull that card and get a waiver.
Discounts are sick if you are active duty.
Right now, local Italian place is offering 20%.
Grab a nice Chicken Marsala platter.

Wait a minute, I figured it out.
Amtrak. Navy.
Hunter Biden is secretly trying to take over all the Train Wrecks in the US.