What position should Hunter Biden serve under the Biden Administration?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jameny5

Aug 7, 2018
Right, you don't care about two of the current President's children collecting pay from taxpayers, but are so, so very concerned about Hunter Biden.

Keep on keepin' on.
I guess he "heard" that loud and clear!

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
The point is that Ivy League grads often end up with lots of executive-level friends and it is not unheard-of for them to toss out cushy jobs to people they know, even if they don't have politically powerful parents.

It's a feature not a bug. This is in no small part why getting into an Ivy (especially Harvard, Yale, or Princeton) is important to so many people The connections made there are life long and potentially extremely lucrative even for people of middling ability.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
It's a feature not a bug. This is in no small part why getting into an Ivy (especially Harvard, Yale, or Princeton) is important to so many people The connections made there are life long and potentially extremely lucrative even for people of middling ability.
All you have to look at is the people who are serving jail time at this moment trying to get their kids the golden ticket.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
People are going to do nice things for people with influential last names. Let me know when Joe Biden and Hunter do a deal while hunter has access to top secret info and runs point on policy making.
Consulting foreign oligarchs who are the subject of US anti corruption efforts is a conflict of interest at best when your daddy is the VP overseeing those efforts...its more than just name dropping privilege. The Trump nepotism is several degrees worst for the reasons you mentioned.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Consulting foreign oligarchs who are the subject of US anti corruption efforts is a conflict of interest at best when your daddy is the VP overseeing those efforts...its more than just name dropping privilege. The Trump nepotism is several degrees worst for the reasons you mentioned.
BBBBBBut Biden... How far up your ass is that Hunter stick anyway? Jfc.
You have just witnessed 4 years of what you are describing 1000000000000000 times worse yet here you are
Bbbbbbbbbut Biden...
Stiff upper lip, youll get through it.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
BBBBBBut Biden... How far up your ass is that Hunter stick anyway? Jfc.
You have just witnessed 4 years of what you are describing 1000000000000000 times worse yet here you are
Bbbbbbbbbut Biden...
Stiff upper lip, youll get through it.
Well it is a thread about Biden. Thank you as always for your concern.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Well it is a thread about Biden. Thank you as always for your concern.
And therefor its a perfect place for you to cry your heart out about it. I get it. Hunter. Biden. Broke your heart somehow.
It just so sad watching a grown man cry his heart out like a little bgirl.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
And therefor its a perfect place for you to cry your heart out about it. I get it. Hunter. Biden. Broke your heart somehow.
It just so sad watching a grown man cry his heart out like a little bgirl.
No, I just happen to respect the profession of arms and don’t believe it should be a tainted by nepotism. Not something you are capable of understanding. If you need someone to circle jerk with, I know a few other disingenuous bitches you can play with.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

That's dishonest. You have not shown that the US govt was ever investigating Burisma or that Joe was overseeing such efforts. Have at it.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
That's dishonest. You have not shown that the US govt was ever investigating Burisma or that Joe was overseeing such efforts. Have at it.
Obama sent Joe Biden to the Ukraine in an official capacity after the Russians moved on the Crimean peninsula in 2014, and Biden was central to the sacking of Shokin, which was appropriate and had nothing to do with Burisma. There is no doubt that Joe Biden in his capacity as VP was working to bolster the Ukrainian government, a big part of that being anti corruption efforts.

Burisma’s owner was one of those very oligarchs. The NY Times and others wrote articles critical of the obvious conflict of interest, and Biden himself acknowledged it as poor judgment.

These are indisputable facts. Notice that I am not accusing Joe Biden of anything criminal. The conflict of interest however is evident to anyone looking at it objectively.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
No, I just happen to respect the profession of arms and don’t believe it should be a tainted by nepotism. Not something you are capable of understanding. If you need someone to circle jerk with, I know a few other disingenuous bitches you can play with.
Jesus christ there you go tearing up again. And over words you dont even understand. How very woke and female of you. Props.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Obama sent Joe Biden to the Ukraine in an official capacity after the Russians moved on the Crimean peninsula in 2014, and Biden was central to the sacking of Shokin, which was appropriate and had nothing to do with Burisma. There is no doubt that Joe Biden in his capacity as VP was working to bolster the Ukrainian government, a big part of that being anti corruption efforts.

Burisma’s owner was one of those very oligarchs. The NY Times and others wrote articles critical of the obvious conflict of interest, and Biden himself acknowledged it as poor judgment.

These are indisputable facts. Notice that I am not accusing Joe Biden of anything criminal. The conflict of interest however is evident to anyone looking at it objectively.

In no way does that support the specifics of your previous statement. What you're really saying is that neither Biden did anything wrong but that unscrupulous & dishonest people are trying to make it look like they might have. It's why Trump tried to strongarm Zelensky into announcing an investigation of Biden & Burisma. It's classic conspiracy theory ideation.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
In no way does that support the specifics of your previous statement. What you're really saying is that neither Biden did anything wrong but that unscrupulous & dishonest people are trying to make it look like they might have. It's why Trump tried to strongarm Zelensky into announcing an investigation of Biden & Burisma. It's classic conspiracy theory ideation.
I’ve dismissed the Trump allegations against Biden as hypocritical and dishonest. There is no evidence that either Biden did anything criminal. There is ample evidence that Hunter Biden is the beneficiary of nepotism, and in a functioning democracy, such nepotism should face skepticism and criticism.

Reactions: thilanliyan

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I’ve dismissed the Trump allegations against Biden as hypocritical and dishonest. There is no evidence that either Biden did anything criminal. There is ample evidence that Hunter Biden is the beneficiary of nepotism, and in a functioning democracy, such nepotism should face skepticism and criticism.
So when did Joe hire his son again?
Nice descent from that tree though, props.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
Completely agree about nepotism...but that ain't going away anytime soon. I think it's probably been happening for millenia in all walks of life. I myself would probably try to help my children (if I had any) get ahead if possible. I would stop short of trying to get them into something they are completely unqualified for though.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Hunter Biden is the beneficiary of name recognition. The head of Burisma doesn't even know Joe Biden & likely never spoke to him in his life. He didn't hire Hunter to influence Joe but rather to expand the reach of the company beyond Ukraine.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Show your work.
How else do you account for his receiving both an age and drug abuse waiver for a highly specialized military commission? How else do you explain an appointment to the Amtrak board of directors despite no rail or infrastructure experience? Show your work.

Feb 4, 2009
I have a new “position” for Hunter. The Secretary of fucking Melania right.
I am confident she’d be okay with it.

Reactions: dawp

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
How else do you account for his receiving both an age and drug abuse waiver for a highly specialized military commission? How else do you explain an appointment to the Amtrak board of directors despite no rail or infrastructure experience? Show your work.
That is not evidence, it is conjecture. Strange how you say there is ample evidence but can't provide any.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
You know board members regularly have zero experience in the field of company they supervise right? Based on your post you seem to lack an understanding of what a board members role is.

Last edited:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

When I hear the term nepotism, it's usually in reference to actually giving your family the job. Without his last name of Biden, I would for sure be willing to wager he wouldn't have been able to open certain doors for certain career paths. I think we can definitely agree Hunter benefited from having the last name Biden. But Joe has never hired him.

Reactions: Starbuck1975