What position should Hunter Biden serve under the Biden Administration?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
People are going to do nice things for people with influential last names. Let me know when Joe Biden and Hunter do a deal while hunter has access to top secret info and runs point on policy making.

Pretty much. It's just the right wing slime machine trying to use him to discredit his father. Hunter will play no part in a Biden Admin.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
People are going to do nice things for people with influential last names. Let me know when Joe Biden and Hunter do a deal while hunter has access to top secret info and runs point on policy making.
Military commissions are not political favors to be squandered

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
You say that like $600K/yr is a big deal. It's a pittance to C-suite executives.
That's not an answer, it's an opinion. The question was "How many Yale grads get 50k a month jobs in an industry they no nothing about?".

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
That's not an answer, it's an opinion. The question was "How many Yale grads get 50k a month jobs in an industry they no nothing about?".
How could anyone answer this question accurately? You let me know who tracks statistics like that.

The point is that Ivy League grads often end up with lots of executive-level friends and it is not unheard-of for them to toss out cushy jobs to people they know, even if they don't have politically powerful parents.

Reactions: pmv

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
How could anyone answer this question accurately? You let me know who tracks statistics like that.

The point is that Ivy League grads often end up with lots of executive-level friends and it is not unheard-of for them to toss out cushy jobs to people they know, even if they don't have politically powerful parents.
Greenman is implying Hunter Biden made 50k a month right out of Yale law. Waiting for him to clarify

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Apparently, a very well known phenomena (apparently except conservative partisans) called networking has existed in the Ivy league class of schools, oh like since the beginning of time. It's this damn human trait of sticking with the people you know from school and other elitist habits. Sorry, petulant baby spoiled rich child who bought his degree, will just never fit in. Thus once more his jealousy, is projected on to others.

Reactions: dank69

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Yale friends don’t account for the Amtrak appointment or military commission, they perhaps account for his “consulting” work in China and the Ukraine.

The guy who appointed him to the Amtrak board is a Yalie- GWB.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Yale friends don’t account for the Amtrak appointment or military commission, they perhaps account for his “consulting” work in China and the Ukraine.
Appointed to Amtrak by Dubya, resigned when his father became VP. What military commission?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I like how this attempt to frame impropriety around Hunter Biden is the sounding call for the mewling deplorables, all in the world of gross and unapologetic Trumpism.

It's just...blindingly ironic.

Sorry, there is just no bullshit you shits are allowed to argue about because literally, "whatabout Trump!" is perfectly fucking fair to toss back in your faces until you are finished explaining all of your tolerance of that horseshit.

really, none of you deserve a single fucking answer about anything until you explain your support of anything and everything Trump.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I like how this attempt to frame impropriety around Hunter Biden is the sounding call for the mewling deplorables, all in the world of gross and unapologetic Trumpism.

It's just...blindingly ironic.

Sorry, there is just no bullshit you shits are allowed to argue about because literally, "whatabout Trump!" is perfectly fucking fair to toss back in your faces until you are finished explaining all of your tolerance of that horseshit.

really, none of you deserve a single fucking answer about anything until you explain your support of anything and everything Trump.

Seriously. Show me a single post those two where they expressed the slightest concern about nepotism in the trump administration.

Can anyone do that for me? Because if these posters didn’t express any concern about it then, then why should we give them a single shred of our time about this made up scenario that has zero chance of happening?

Reactions: pmv

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Seriously. Show me a single post those two where they expressed the slightest concern about nepotism in the trump administration.

Can anyone do that for me? Because if these posters didn’t express any concern about it then, then why should we give them a single shred of our time about this made up scenario that has zero chance of happening?

Bingo. Right now we have a POTUS who is corruptly refusing to concede an election, has most republicans believing our electoral system is rigged, all of which could lead to widespread violence, and these assholes want to clutch pearls over Hunter Biden? I literally can't think of anything less worthy of discussion right now, but these guys aren't talking about anything that actually matters because it doesn't fit their obsessive need to bash democrats.

Fuck them, and fuck this thread.