What political issues have you never really had an interest in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Most people who browse P&N could be classified as political enthusiasts. That being said, all of us have issues that are more and less interesting to us. What are some of the political issues that you don't have an opinion on and aren't really interested in?

For me a couple of the issues I am not terribly interested and un-opinionated about are:
Gun control / right to bear arms
Palestinian Israeli conflict

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Gay marriage.

I vote we let anyone get married that wants to. Who is society to judge?

But just to mess with them, make gay marriage legal but not have a way for them to divorce :p

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
abortion.

it's completely self-centered, but as a gay man with no interest in having kids, it's just not something I can get enthusiastic about.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I hate to admit this but the whole LGBT set of issues.
Heck, I joined the ACLU at one point but let my membership lapse due to it seemingly being a one trick poney on the subject.

I'm just ambivilent about it and can't relate. Have nothing against it. Just not high on my priority list.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Politics is a reflection of man's inner discontent or his projection of his love of being. We see little of the latter and it is always smeared or deemed irrelevant. For that reason what is irrelevant to politics is what interests me. Who is the man at the table next to me and what are his needs.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Most people who browse P&N could be classified as political enthusiasts. That being said, all of us have issues that are more and less interesting to us. What are some of the political issues that you don't have an opinion on and aren't really interested in?

For me a couple of the issues I am not terribly interested and un-opinionated about are:
Gun control / right to bear arms
Palestinian Israeli conflict

Net neutrality.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Gay marriage. If two gays, a rock, a goat and an artichoke decide to get a 5-way polygamous marriage and move in down the street, how does that affect me? It doesn't. Don't give them tax benefits for the goat, rock and artichoke and you're good.

Women's/minority rights. We have a black president, and we're coming ever closer to a female president. The equal rights laws have been on the books for decades. If there's discrimination it's dead or dying. Just let it die.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Benghazi, mostly because it appears to be an entirely manufactured issue.

Other issues I'm interested in, even if it's just on an abstract level. I'm never going to have an abortion (lol), but I'm all about the rights of women to maintain control over their sexuality. I'm not planning to enter into a gay marriage, but I fully support the rights of those who choose to do so.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
The NSA.

Yes, the government has tons of data, calls and e-mails from us; but, I honestly don't think they can do anything with it. Whatever process/program they have set up, I don't think they are sophisticated and skilled enough to do anything with it.

Now, if drug lord X is being followed for a period of time, I am sure they can dive into the NSA data trash heap and pull up all sorts of goodies. But, I don't think people are being pegged and lined up to be busted for whatever crime they have documented (e-mail) or spoke about.

This does not excuse what has happened and is happening, but, I don't think humanity is at the point where that massive amount of data can be wrangled automatically, to start sending out death squads.

Status
Not open for further replies.