What Political Blogs do You Read?

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
What blogs are of interest to you? Which ones provide interesting analysis? I'm wondering what people read (conservative or liberal) to find a well-informed opinion with a well-reasoned argument?

I think the reasonable voices on both sides are often lost in the political shuffle and the sound bite-ing of the media today.

So, my question is - where do you turn for a breath of fresh air?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I've cut way back on them, but the best I probably know of now is Glenn Greenwald, on Salon.

Salon requires watching a 15-second ad for a daily pass for non-members; Link

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I used to read a couple, but I've really cut back... now I only read trashy blogs (Gawker, Perez, TMZ). :eek:

I'll probably start reading TPM and wonkette again when the primaries start gearing up.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Islam is the best religion and no other religion is better
Al Qaeda is number one and United States is always wrong
How to convert your Jewish neighbor into a Muslim the "peaceful" way

Those are my top 3 favorite, but lately I've been reading a lot of :

What lies Bush has said today against our brothers

lol ... I only read perezhilton.com if that counts

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
I read:

Salon.com
Thinkprogress.org
rawstory.com *Sometimes*
Huffingtonpost

laketrout

Mar 1, 2005
nonsense, there's lots of good ones out there:

Political Wire, Hotline has good stuff, Politico is usually good, techpresident, instapundit, extreme mortman is always funny, there are a lot of good ones.

TheAdvocate

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2005
Originally posted by: laketrout
instapundit

Glenn Reynolds is one weird dude. Anyone who can quote 50's through 70's TV by episode # and cast members, does not sleep. He also talks about boobytrapping your house too often for me to think it's just a gag.

On the plus side, he gave me my first A in law school (thank you doctrine of last clear chance!), and he gives very practical advice for newbies on the job.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
I like the blogs on National Review.

I also get Newts weekly news letter, but hardly read more than a few lines.

Otherwise I only read blogs when my attention is brought to them via Drudge, National Review etc.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Realclearpolitics is a great site to use as a jumping off point to other places.
It?s like drudge for politics. Was a great help during the election? then again it was from them that I got my predictions about the election hmmmmm