What PC games releasing this year have gone completely under the radar?

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
I'm going to mention Aquanox: Deep Descent. It's a revival of a once popular IP that some of you may remember and set to release end of December but seems to be far away from anyone's radar. What other games have been overlooked/under hyped that many might not be aware of?

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I sound like a broken record as this point but I'm so deep in my existing library of games (a backlog, some might cynically call it) that the next game on my radar might be the original Aquanox (and it's sequel, both in my library, both unplayed since purchase) :D.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
For me it was Ancestors the Human Kind Odyssey. I was looking through Steam one day and saw it, but it wasn’t going to be released till 2020. So I did some research on it and most of the reviews sucked, but it was such an intriguing concept, something I always wanted to play as a Civ type game. Anyway I found that it was on Epic and bought it. It’s a bit repetitive, but unlike no other game I played before. Prior to this I never even heard a peep about it.

• Haha
Reactions: killster1

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I dont think anything has gone COMPLETELY under the RADAR, but Bloodstained didnt get enough attention considering how good it is.
Also nobody is talking about Subnautica Below Zero even though its looking pretty good.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I'm looking forward to buying Bloodstained once it's cheaper (and my backlog has cleared out a little).

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
We all forgot about Control because it was an Epic exclusive, but looked like a cool game.

pikn90

Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Everyone should check out Overload when they got the time, it's a spiritual successor to Descent that was done on a low budget off kickstarter.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I dont think anything has gone COMPLETELY under the RADAR, but Bloodstained didnt get enough attention considering how good it is.
It didn't get a lot of attention because it's technically not finished. IGA is still adding to the game and basically released a finished early access version and is slowly adding the rest of the stuff later. It's an outstanding game and any Castlevania Symphony of the Night fans are missing out if they haven't played it (it's essentially the sequel we've always asked for), but again, it's not finished so it's fairly short. I think I got 100% in about 10 hours on the PS4 and that was before the major changes were put in place like the Rhava Bural nerf.

SinOfLiberty

Apr 27, 2011
guns of redacted

Your 10th infraction for profanity.

esquared
Anandtech Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

Morphes

Jul 11, 2009
Everyone should check out Overload when they got the time, it's a spiritual successor to Descent that was done on a low budget off kickstarter.

Super awesome in VR too