What PC games are you currently playing?

Pundit

Feb 28, 2002
I'm looking for some new suggestions. I haven't bought a game for a while and I'm looking for something new. The last game I bought was Panzer General II which I loved. My favorite genres are strategy (both RTS and TBS), racing, and adventure. I may try an FPS, but I don't think anything will improve upon UT. Perhaps RTCW if enough people here recommend it. So, can you guys tell me what games are good and fall under these genres? I'll read the reviews for the most recommended and then decide. TIA ppl! :D

mdennison

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2001
Icewind Dale with both expansions and just got RTCW yesterday. Finished SeriousSam2 last week. :D

Pundit

Feb 28, 2002
Moose, is Snood the title or an acronym? I'm not familiar with it. :eek:

xlo, I'm interested in this game. Is it more like RA2 or AOE2 in terms of research depth and complexity?

mdennison, I did play the BG2 demo and I liked it alot. Do you like the IWD series better?

Derango

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2002
None, I'm currently browsing the forums :)

Seriously, I've been playing Worms World Party and Unreal Tournament (odd combination, I know :) ) recently.

RedRooster

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Operation Flashpoint - best war sim, and perhaps PC game ever made!
Rally Trophy - hot new vintage rally racing game. physics similar to grand prix legends on gravel
Day of Defeat - the best HalfLife mod(CS sucks:D)
IL2-Sturmovik - the best ww2 flight sim ever created, possibly the best flight sim, period.

mdennison

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2001
I like icewind dale ($20)is a lot better than BG1 or 2. I've actually beat it twice but enjoy the hack and slash based adventure instead of the BG long and dragged out story. Serious Sam 2 was a blast and is beautiful (for $15 new compusa) but kinda short. I'm keeping SS2 just for it's beauty(same reason forkeeping max payne). Only played RTWC for an hour or so last night. It is your typical first person shooter/kinda nazi killing adventure... Maybe consider one of the first two since they are less than half of RTCW $40-$50 price.

ViperMagic

Platinum Member
Jul 7, 2001
Snood is like that old game Bust-a-move. small download. I cant stand it.

And I'm playing Freespace 2, Serious Sam: SE, Operation Flashpoint, Ghost Recon, and Emperor: Battle for Dune.
About the games:
Freespace 2: Older game, still looks great, fun as hell. Space sim, one of the best, ever.
Serious Sam: fun FPS, looks great, cheap.
Operations Flashpoing: Fun. Just plain olf fun. FPS
Ghost Recon: Hell, I cant get past the first mission
Emperor: Great Dune RTS. I like it.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001

<< Snood is all there is, all we really need. I guess technically its a third person shooter. >>

AH!
Snood!
AKA Crack

BD2003

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
If youre looking for RTS theres only one game to get right now. Battle Realms. Kicks ASS as far as RTS goes. One of the most underrated games of all time. Came out the same time as empire earth so it got overshadowed. Its a shame that EE sucked balls, while noone noticed the better game.

Better GFX than War 3, far better animation, runs twice as fast, and its quite refreshing and original. Less resource management, more fighting.

Now dont get me wrong, I love war3, but battle realms gives it a run for the money.

DDad

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Well, I've been playing Il-2, as well
Not a good game, however, if you are married- wife will accuse you of having an affair......

ChinamanatNCSU

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2001

<<

<< Snood is all there is, all we really need. I guess technically its a third person shooter. >>

AH!
Snood!
AKA Crack
>>

OMG I do not see what is so fun about Snood. My sister is a fanatic about it, and all it involves is a clicking of the mouse. God I hate that game with a passion
Now Counterstrike is the game to play- requires use of keyboard too, putting it a step above Snood :D

Atrail

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
RTCW Multiplayer
Serious Sam SE
CC Renegade
Ghost Recon(stuck on the 10th mission I believe)

I want Neverwinter Nights and Dungeon Seige NOW! :|

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
nobody likes Medal of Honor: Allied Assault!? i love that game. playing that. i am thinking about buying the high heat baseball 2003 too. i have CS but i haven't played it much....didn't know when i bought it that there is no single player game...not all that wild about multiplayer games. :eek:

Alienwho

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001

<< If youre looking for RTS theres only one game to get right now. Battle Realms. Kicks ASS as far as RTS goes. One of the most underrated games of all time. Came out the same time as empire earth so it got overshadowed. Its a shame that EE sucked balls, while noone noticed the better game.

Better GFX than War 3, far better animation, runs twice as fast, and its quite refreshing and original. Less resource management, more fighting.

Now dont get me wrong, I love war3, but battle realms gives it a run for the money.
>>

Is it just me, or does warcraft 3 feel like a rip of battle realms? The animations are nearly exactly the same. So is the structural build feel. Not to mention the heroes and stuff. Great game.

LongCoolMother

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2001

<< Snood is like that old game Bust-a-move. small download. I cant stand it.

And I'm playing Freespace 2, Serious Sam: SE, Operation Flashpoint, Ghost Recon, and Emperor: Battle for Dune.
About the games:
Freespace 2: Older game, still looks great, fun as hell. Space sim, one of the best, ever.
Serious Sam: fun FPS, looks great, cheap.
Operations Flashpoing: Fun. Just plain olf fun. FPS
Ghost Recon: Hell, I cant get past the first mission
Emperor: Great Dune RTS. I like it.
>>

i second freespace 2, its awesome as hellz. i play that game with my FPS 2000 surround station turned up and my MS Sidewinder force feedback pro. YEA! freespace 2 is awesome!

Pundit

Feb 28, 2002

<< If youre looking for RTS theres only one game to get right now. Battle Realms. >>

I'll look into this.

<< Well, I've been playing Il-2, as well >>

I guess I need a joystick for this, huh? My buddy says I should get this as well.

<< nobody likes Medal of Honor: Allied Assault!? i love that game. playing that. >>

Looking at this also. I guess you can't be on the Axis side in this game, huh?