What parts does my Prizm and the Corolla actually have in common?

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
I remember reading an article (forgot where) that the Prizm and the Corolla share 60% of the same parts.

Anyone have a link that list all the parts?

i have a 2002 Prizm.

THX

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
you realize how many different parts there are in 60% of a car? No one's going to tear down a corrola and prizm to compare parts and write up a list of 500 parts that are the same.

If you really care, get the service manuals for both cars and compare them.

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999

When you match up the options the cars are almost exactly the same except for a few cosmetic differences. The front bumper, front/rear lights and body panels, and some dash pieces are the main differences.

Aside from that, the cars are exactly the same. My windshield was cracked and it was replaced with a corolla part. I go to the toyota dealer to buy my oil filters, air filter, brake pads, coolant, transmission fluid, etc. I drive a 2000 prizm.

gogeeta13

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
they are mostly the same, except GM loosens some screws, and puts in some time bomb parts so as to make it go bad in 4-5 years.

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: woodie1
I remember reading that the A/C compressor was different.

yeah it is, forgot about that. Stereo also.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Originally posted by: OuterSquare
When you match up the options the cars are almost exactly the same except for a few cosmetic differences. The front bumper, front/rear lights and body panels, and some dash pieces are the main differences.

Aside from that, the cars are exactly the same. My windshield was cracked and it was replaced with a corolla part. I go to the toyota dealer to buy my oil filters, air filter, brake pads, coolant, transmission fluid, etc. I drive a 2000 prizm.

only cosmetic differences? cool! i would have guessed that everything under the hood would be the same, but was wondering about the suspension and brakes. THX

and yeah, a minor complaint is the stereo system. why did they put it under the A/C controls? when i put a drink in the cup holder, it's difficult to change stations :(
it would have been much better if the stereo and A/C controls swapped places since i access the stereo more often.

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: XFILE

only cosmetic differences? cool! i would have guessed that everything under the hood would be the same, but was wondering about the suspension and brakes. THX

and yeah, a minor complaint is the stereo system. why did they put it under the A/C controls? when i put a drink in the cup holder, it's difficult to change stations :(
it would have been much better if the stereo and A/C controls swapped places since i access the stereo more often.

Yeah I don't like that either, but there are other cupholders to use. I was thinking about ripping out the cup holders and putting an Apexi SAFC there instead.

goodoptics

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2000
Originally posted by: gogeeta13
they are mostly the same, except GM loosens some screws, and puts in some time bomb parts so as to make it go bad in 4-5 years.
LOL!