What options do I have for a lost package without insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAWYER

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
I sent an item Priority with delivery conformation. It shows to be delivered but the buyer is claiming to have not received.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Send the buyer another item and this time get insurance.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I was on the other end of this (I didn't receive the package even though tracking said I did). I chalked it up to a loss on my part as a buyer, because I didn't PAY for the insurance. Did you offer the insurance to them and they turned it down?

goog40

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2000
If the item is under $250, you win the Paypal dispute. If the item is over $250, you lose.

And whether or not you had insurance is irrelevant. If you had filed a claim, USPS would just say look at the status, the package was delivered. Claim denied.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
I don't understand this whole insurance bit. what gives them, UPS, Fedex, USPS, the right to misplace/lose/damage your package. when you pay to ship something, you pay for them to get it to the location. I would think you could take them to small claims court. Sure it's more of a hassle, but I don't see how you could lose.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I don't understand this whole insurance bit. what gives them, UPS, Fedex, USPS, the right to misplace/lose/damage your package. when you pay to ship something, you pay for them to get it to the location. I would think you could take them to small claims court. Sure it's more of a hassle, but I don't see how you could lose.

Because this is America, and businesses do what they want. An official bribe is all it is. Imagine taking your clothes to the cleaners and having to pay them extra to not have your stuff loaded in the dumpster out back, or paying the mechanic extra so he doesn't drop your car off a lift....

Slew Foot

Lifer
Sep 22, 2005
If the item is under $250, you win the Paypal dispute. If the item is over $250, you lose.

And whether or not you had insurance is irrelevant. If you had filed a claim, USPS would just say look at the status, the package was delivered. Claim denied.

This, the only thing that matters to paypal is the delivery confirmation. If the item is over 250, then you need a signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.