What one song do you guys listen to every single day?

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
There isn't one. But I admit there are certain tracks I must have listened to, if not every day then, "a heck of a lot", over the decades.

Not to mention having playlists consisting of a hundred or more remixes or cover-versions or live versions of the same damn track.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I love good cover songs.

So do I. And remixes. I find it interesting to hear what other people do with a song, and slight-variations-on-a-similar-thing have a weird fascination for me. I suspect it reflects some slightly-autistic or OCD trait in me though.

The way I see it, with cover versions there are two chances for it to be good - either it was a good song in the first place and a cover artist can't muck it up too much, they might even freshen it up in a way that reminds you why you liked it in the first place (it's rare for me to really dislike a cover of a song I liked the first time, though there's a select list of artists who have managed that feat by completely ruining a good song), or, even if I didn't like the original, if I like the cover-artist it's possible they might do something interesting with it.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Is there an upper limit on the number of consecutive days? Because I definitely have never listened to a single song once or more times every consecutive day in a year or even half-year.

Although I have obsessively listened to some for an extended period for consecutive days for a week, possibly a month.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
I woke up to U2's 'Beautiful Day' for a while - until I started to hate that song because it woke me up every day.
Now I just use on of the iPhone's built it ring tones.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I do listen to certain songs a few times a day for several days running and I do have favorites I will always go back to eventually.

There is however no song I listen to by choice that frequently.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Lady Gaga - Born This Way. I was born this way and goddamn it, I'm proud of it!

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
When the iPod is on shuffle and runs out of random numbers, it defaults to ABBA’s Dancing Queen so I hear that song most days. To think that writing a pseudo-random number generator is one of the first programming lessons students learn and I learned it on an Apple yet Apple never figured out how to write one

• Haha
Reactions: pmv and Ajay

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
so you don't listen to the damn same 12 songs every day on youtube?

No... we're not 14 anymore :)

Back when I still had a CD changer, I listened to a lot of Cake. To this day, I think that I can sing the songs better than John McCrea can :)