What % of pro-choice people are also pro-abortion?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Would you abort your bastard child?

• I am pro-choice and I would abort

• I am pro-choice and I would keep it

• I am not pro-choice

Results are only viewable after voting.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
And if what world would you consider a pregnant 15 year old girl responsible :hmm:

And as you point in Florida if a 15 year old girl got pregnant from an 18 year old guy the guy could be thrown in jail for statutory rape, because the girl is not allowed to make choices about her body, but for some reason she would be allowed to make choices about her body for abortion :rolleyes:
A 16 yo girl can drive legally because she can make choices about what she can do but the same girl cannot buy cigarettes legally because she cannot make choices about what she can do. Laws, how do they work?

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
And if what world would you consider a pregnant 15 year old girl responsible :hmm:

And as you point in Florida if a 15 year old girl got pregnant from an 18 year old guy the guy could be thrown in jail for statutory rape, because the girl is not allowed to make choices about her body, but for some reason she would be allowed to make choices about her body for abortion :rolleyes:

Statutory rape is a hard one to do in Florida...esp if it was 15 vs 18...however; that is where the parents come in.

It's clear this topic is beyond the comprehension of many here.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
A 16 yo girl can drive legally because she can make choices about what she can do but the same girl cannot buy cigarettes legally because she cannot make choices about what she can do. Laws, how do they work?

Driving and smoking are not really connected to each other in anyway.

Pregnancy and sex are.

And thank you for listing more things that we dont allow 15 year old girls to do.

But for some reason we trust them to make a choice about having a child :rolleyes:

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
I'm pro-choice but don't care for abortions. It's not my decision what someone does with their own pregnancy but if my wife unexpectedly became pregnant we would keep it.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Driving and smoking are not really connected to each other in anyway.

Pregnancy and sex are.

And thank you for listing more things that we dont allow 15 year old girls to do.

But for some reason we trust them to make a choice about having a child :rolleyes:

We trust their families.

What is your agenda to force the abortion of all babies born to mothers under 18?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
We trust their families.

What is your agenda to force the abortion of all babies born to mothers under 18?

Because no one under 18 can raise a child by themselves.

Which results in child poverty.

Which results in billions in government subsidies with my money.

The better question is, why do you want to pay for the poor life choices of teenagers?

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Because no one under 18 can raise a child by themselves.

Which results in child poverty.

Which results in billions in government subsidies with my money.

The better question is, why do you want to pay for the poor life choices of teenagers?

LoL. Not all families of teenager mothers are ghetto poor.

I think you just showed the forum where you come from.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
LoL. Not all families of teenager mothers are ghetto poor.

I think you just showed the forum where you come from.

So basically you are saying I lack upper middle class privilege... and this is a bad thing :rolleyes:

And its irrelevant how is a 15 year old girl supposed to provide health care for her child? Somehow I doubt most families have spare money lying around to pay for it.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
So basically you are saying I lack upper middle class privilege... and this is a bad thing :rolleyes:

And its irrelevant how is a 15 year old girl supposed to provide health care for her child? Somehow I doubt most families have spare money lying around to pay for it.

So why not let's start with deporting all families without spare money?

A 15 year old girl in a proper house hold will be covered under their parent's or school's insurance. Many families would be able to care for the child and support their daughter as well.

You seem angry of your peers and claim YOU ARE paying for them, when in reality people like me are paying for ALL OF YOU.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
So why not let's start with deporting all families without spare money?

A 15 year old girl in a proper house hold will be covered under their parent's or school's insurance. Many families would be able to care for the child and support their daughter as well.

Um, High schools dont provide insurance coverage. I seriously doubt grandchildren are covered by most group insurance plans.

And if she is part of a dual-income family who is going to take care of the infant while the girl is completing HS? Or is she suppose to drop out and bum off her family for the rest of her life?

The chances of a 15 year old girl raising a child without government assistance is basically nil.

alkemyst said:
You seem angry of your peers and claim YOU ARE paying for them, when in reality people like me are paying for ALL OF YOU.

Sorry, I am a Senior Software Engineer, not some Ghetto philosopher like you seem to think.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Um, High schools dont provide insurance coverage. I seriously doubt grandchildren are covered by most group insurance plans.

And if she is part of a dual-income family who is going to take care of the infant while the girl is completing HS? Or is she suppose to drop out and bum off her family for the rest of her life?

The chances of a 15 year old girl raising a child without government assistance is basically nil.

Sorry, I am a Senior Software Engineer, not some Ghetto philosopher like you seem to think.

Some schools do offer insurance especially private ones, some require it. A female child would be covered for pregnancy just as a 'wife' on a family plan.

I seriously think you are out of your element in this. Senior Software Engineer doesn't mean a lot when many have that title while still living at home for $30k or so a year.

You don't even see the counterpoints to your own ignorant argument. It's just as likely for one to be in a single earner family or even a retired one.

It's nice you are all for mandatory killing of babies. I am sure it ups your street cred.

nanette1985

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2005
I'm pro-choice and female and can't imagine the circumstances that I would get an abortion. To the OP - The point of pro-choice is the freedom to make the decision myself should the situation arise.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Some schools do offer insurance especially private ones, some require it. A female child would be covered for pregnancy just as a 'wife' on a family plan.

And when the child is born... you do realize infants require health care right?

You don't even see the counterpoints to your own ignorant argument. It's just as likely for one to be in a single earner family or even a retired one.

haha I am going to go out on a limb and guess that a pregnant 15 year old girl is not going to have retired parents. Lets see assume her parents were say 40 when she was born that would make them 55. If only we could all live in your America.

I mean sure if you are part of the 1% you can pick up the tab for your unexpected grandchild, but by definition most people are not part of the 1%. And statistically teen mothers are much more likely to come from broken poor families.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Given that preaching abstinence has never worked (even for the priests preaching it), your hypothetical 15 year old and her partner need access to contraceptives, so the pregnancy doesn't happen at all.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I am for more abortions. I would rather have the taxpayer pay to abort the child than have the taxpayer raise it, pay the medical bills, and then eventually jail it.

Although unwanted children do make up a good portion of our infantry, so I am conflicted there.

Not enough meat for the grinder?