What next? Mass Effect 2, kinda lost...

lakedude

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2009
I'm wondering what to do next. Got a bunch of helpers, one Krogan in a tank I haven't messed with, and I'm at the Citadel. I came here for a reason but don't remember why. My mission does not seem to be the Journal. There is some ffid they want me to look for but it has been suggested that more team building is in order.

Also got the money to heal my face, how do you do that?

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Mmmk it's been a while for me, haven't touched Mass Effect 2 in months, but I'll try to help.

That Krogan, release him, he's awesome, he's pretty much the "tank" of the team if you bring him with you on your missions, so release him from that tank (no pun intended). Click on the tank and you'll have a short conversation about it with EDI before you can take your decision about him.

The other teammates, you need to recruit or rather "find" them. You have been given the dossiers about them from the Illusive Man at the start of the game when you speak to him via hologram before you meet with Joker and see the SR-2 for the first time. So those dossiers have some details, but the location of each of the teammates is indicated on the Galaxy Map as missions, you can do those missions in any order you chose.

If you're on the Citadel then perhaps you've been there because you have a mission or you decided to go there yourself. Just open your Journal and see if there's anything to do in the Citadel. There's a Loyalty mission at the Citadel so maybe that's what you have to do (can't recall... I think it's Thane's Loyalty mission).

Overall, other than N7 Assignments (side quests basically) what you have to do is indeed building your team along with doing each of the teammates' respective Loyalty missions before the end-game moments (won't spoil anything). You will have if I recall something like two or three missions that you'll have to do when presented to them, mostly given by the Illusive Man from that conference room on the Normandy. So whenever EDI tells you that the Illusive Man wants to speak to you then expect to receive a mission that you will have to do at that point.

So hmmm... I hope it helps, I think that most of this is accurate enough. If you have more questions then I would recommend the Mass Effect Wiki site where you can read about all three game's missions in details and what they consist of, where to go, when to go where and who to talk to, etc.

Clinkster

Aug 5, 2009
If you're on the Citadel then perhaps you've been there because you have a mission or you decided to go there yourself. Just open your Journal and see if there's anything to do in the Citadel. There's a Loyalty mission at the Citadel so maybe that's what you have to do (can't recall... I think it's Thane's Loyalty mission).

Garrus's too. You can find out by talking to the Citadel officer right when you enter (forget his name).

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011
I'm wondering what to do next. Got a bunch of helpers, one Krogan in a tank I haven't messed with, and I'm at the Citadel. I came here for a reason but don't remember why. My mission does not seem to be the Journal. There is some ffid they want me to look for but it has been suggested that more team building is in order.

By "ffid" I assume you mean the Reaper "IFF" (Identify Friend Foe system), which you need in order to safely pass through the Omega 4 Relay. If that's the case, then that is the next plot-critical mission and the main plot will only move forward if you do that. But yes, it is wise to do more team-building before getting the IFF, because after retrieving the IFF things start happening out of your control.

There are three major reasons to be on the Citadel:

1. Recruit Kasumi (if you have the DLC for her). There's an hologram pillar at the docking terminal you interact with to recruit her.
2. Garrus' loyalty mission. Bring Garrus with you to one of the empty rooms on the upper or lower levels of the Citadel, can't remember which exactly.
3. Thane's loyalty mission. Bring Thane with you and talk with Captain Bailey.

Of course, for the loyalty missions your squad member needs to have told you about it for it to be active.

And you want to bust that krogan out of the tank.

Also got the money to heal my face, how do you do that?

Talk to Doctor Chakwas, read an email she sends to your personal terminal, then research it through the upgrades terminal in Mordin's lab.

lakedude

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2009
Awesome! Thanks guys!

Was avoid web walkthroughs because of spoilers.

I've got Garrus, Thane, Jack, the Krogan (in storage), Miranda, Samara, Mordin and Jacob.

Blew Samara's loyalty mission like a dozen times before giving up.

Did a favor for Miranda but then her and Jack got into it and I picked Jack's side.

Anyhow thanks again. I play when I can and sometimes it is a while in between...

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
ME2 is basically a straight line anytime you're on the ground, I'm calling shens on you not knowing what to do or where to go. ME2 is about as linear as linear gets.