Question What mouse do you use?

cbn

Lifer
Mar 27, 2009
What mouse do you use?

P.S. Up until recently I've been using a wired Dell Mouse but that broke which caused me to switch to a NIB wired iMicro laser optical mouse (which I don't like).

Have a $7 refurbished Logitech M100 on the way. (Read that it is a very good mouse, but I am curious what other people are using.)

Last edited:

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
I use a Wacom wireless on a Wacom stylus pad.

Reactions: cbn

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Some cheap little wireless (Logitech) POS that was on sale at Walmart when my Microsoft wireless mouse inconveniently died. It's too small for my hand and isn't great...but it works...for now.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
Lots of diff mice, g903, g900( developed scroll down forever issues) , another g903, a MX ERGO, mx 570, maybe a professional or pro version of the mx ergo too? hard to keep track, trying to get into the trackballs again (love them but not as fun for games so far)

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
Corsair M65
41EJ1h0GdlL.jpg

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Right now a wired Logitech RX1500, largely because it was very inexpensive after a rebate but I'm not all that picky if it meets the following requirements:

- Fairly lightweight - This rules out cordless unless it can run from 1 x AAA cell which some can, even if they have a 2 battery chamber they run the two cells in parallel, and even if it's a AA chamber, I can put a metal shim in to bridge the length difference between AA and AAA. Similarly on wired mice that have a weight in them, I take the weight out.

- Smallish size. I don't have small hands but move mice with finger motions, minimal wrist and no arm movement. Maybe someday if I get arthritis I'll want an integrated trackball but for now I don't, have one and prefer a smaller lighter mouse without it.

- Laser - I've tried many non-laser making the claim they equal laser performance but don't, especially if cordless that's optimized for low power consumption, or used on a variety of surfaces instead of some "ideal" mouse pad.

- Ambidextrous, or at least the casing shape is. I'm left handed, but also adept at using right hand because it's a right handed world, but want the choice.

- Logitech - I don't need fancy but I want good tracking and a solid case fit and finish. Anything else that equals Logitech in these regards tends to cost more, or is a gamble. I've returned mice for no other reason than "looks and feels like junk".

One of my favorite mice that fulfills all the above is a Logitech MX300, but it has only two (plus an awkward to reach little middle 3rd) buttons and no freewheeling wheel feature.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
Zowie FK1 - soon to become a Zowie FK1+.
UPDATE:
now the proud owner of a FK1+ White
The glossy surface for some reason grips better than the one on the standard FK. Buttons are better, crisper, shorter travel and with a better click, mouse wheel is completely new.
10/10 absolutely perfect.

DSmithz

Sep 17, 2019
If you're playing various games - Razer Naga Trinity will be a perfect choice for you.
It has the top-notch optical sensor (PWM 3389), and ability to change left side panels (2, 7 and 12 buttons).

For FPS games: DeathAdder Elite or Basilisk - which is a superb mouse too.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I'm using a Rosewill (white) gaming mouse. Works for me. I use a 40" 4K UHD display for desktop tasks, so I needed a mouse with decent handling and decent higher-DPI for desktop usage. Plus, these were only $10 at the time. I stocked up. They also have a 500Hz polling rate, I think, in hardware (no need to load separate software app for faster polling.)

ZipSpeed

Golden Member
Aug 13, 2007
G403 at home and work. I found the G403 closest to the shapes of the MX518 and G5 which I really like.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
i repurposed my FK1 with griptape for work :)

at home it's the FK1+ in glossy white which i just love. (the gloss surface helps in gripping)