What Mobo should I get for conroe?

Talcite

Apr 18, 2006
Well I had a gigabyte thread going before... but the DS4 doesn't ship here, the DQ6 is insanely expensive plus it has bad OC performance, and the DS3 only has 3 phase power regulation.

Are there any other mobos that are great for the conroe? I'm looking for rock solid stability, and perhaps overlocking in the future, but not now. I was looking at the XBX, but it's 300 cdn, and it's got crossfire, which i definitely don't need.

I was also looking at the P5B deluxe, it's crazy expensive for a 965 board though... and the P5W DH only costs like 10 bucks more.

My situation is any money I spend on this mobo means less money for the CPU. I usually value my mobo more than my cpu though. I have about 550 cdn before taxes left to use. I was thinking XBX and the 6300? That's roughly 530 cdn, and I can spend the rest for an SD memory card.

Any thoughts on this whole mess?

Sh0ckwave

Sep 14, 2005
Just get the DS3

It doesnt matter how many phase power it has. The DS3 has 3 phase and the DQ6 has 12 phase and the DS3 owns it at overclocking. Remember the Lanparty NF4 boards? they were the best yet they only had 3 phase power. The DS3 also has all solid capacitors.

Hidden Hippo

Aug 2, 2006
If you don't want to go for a DS3 or other Gigabyte board, I would suggest the Abit AB9 Pro. Slightly lower in overclocking than the DS3 I believe, but it is said to have a very stable set of BIOS and has had quite a few good reviews.

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
You guys do realize the DS3 sucks with Conroe, right?

Thus far, from the results i've seen, it only seems to do well with Allendales, not Conroes.

The Abit would be an okay alternative, but it seems the P5W DH is by far the best overall C2D mobo so far.

Hidden Hippo

Aug 2, 2006
I've heard some very bad things about the P5W DH. The first one another person had decided that one of the RAM slots wouldn't work, on the second a PCIe slot was broken. I'm not sure about the thirs (if there is one) but it seems that reliabilty is an issue with the P5W DH.