what just happened to my left shoulder? yikes!

luv2liv

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
i was parking the car, turned the wheel handle so fast that suddenly there was an extremely sharp pain in the left shoulder! did i just popped it or fractured something? holy cow!
the pain is unbearable whenever i lift the left arm up or just whenever i apply force. there is no pain if in a relaxed state nor pain whenever i use the left hand. im going to schedule for a joint doctor and im only 35 years old. wth

luv2liv

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
im happy to say it's not rotator cuffs based on some vids showing symptoms of rotator cuffs on youtube. thanks for the input
i still have 1 week before getting an x-ray and see a doc that im scheduled for.

hightree

Jan 4, 2016
It does not need to be rotator cuff tear. They are other shoulder muscles in the shoulder. The tendons can be strained, partially or completely torn. If it's not some big muscle as deltoid or biceps, it may not decrease the arm function much.

I imagine that during a sudden move with the left arm to the left, you could strain the deltoid or teres minor and/or teres major muscle...

It could be also a shoulder joint tear (labrum tear).

Muscle tears recover better if treated early. I don't know how much one week before or later would mean, but you may be able to get the appointment earlier if you go through the ER.