What is your take on the Texas 7?

Croton

Banned
Jan 18, 2000
I was wondering what you guys thought about the 'speeches' that two of the Texas Seven made in Colorado Springs a few nights ago.

http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/01/24/texas.escapees.07/index.html

They spoke about how the Texas prison system was corrupt..blah blah.......

I feel that as prisoners, they should waive all the luxuries of life and they deserve all the 'corruptness' that they encounter in prison. If you're in prison, why would u deserve to be treated fairly?

What do you guys think?

eakers

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
people make mistakes, its no excuse for them to be treated like animals.
treating people like garbage wont rehabilatate them it will make them more angry at the world. imo the purpose of jail is to rehabilitate ppl and give them a second chance, as well as protect society, its not to punish someone. a person in jail deserves to be treated fairly because they are that A PERSON and ppl should have certain rights despite what their actions allegidly are. In texas ppl arent given a second chance they are locked up for almost their entire life, stripping them of basic life skills (ie getting a job, making food) that is wrong. why should a 50 year old man be in jail because he sold some drugs to someone when he was 20 years old? i agree that some ppl dont deserve to ever see the light of day (ie paul bernardo, etc) but for most offenders a second or even third chance is deserved. its not fair to take away someones life by locking them up and treating them badly.

*kat. <-- human rights for all not just some!