What is your reason for voting Obama this election?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bamx2

Oct 25, 2004
McCain would have gotten for but for the possibility of Sarah Palin being president .
BTW, I really don't think McCain is a "Mcsame" / Bushco kind of guy but it doesn't matter at this pont .

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: GTKeeper
Originally posted by: winnar111
Several people I know are voting for Obama for the handouts and free money.

Makes sense I guess.

I know several rich guys that voted bush for handouts which was free money.

I know several guys who are voting for McCain for the same reason.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: bamx2
McCain would have gotten for but for the possibility of Sarah Palin being president .
BTW, I really don't think McCain is a "Mcsame" / Bushco kind of guy but it doesn't matter at this pont .

Agreed. All this "McSame/McBush/McEtc." nonsense is ridiculous. It's just a stupid, cheap, little catchphrase for people with no real imagination.

Originally posted by: thescram
Obama is no JFK. JFK would be considered a conservative if running today.

:thumbsup:

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

Makes sense I guess.

Ah, class warfare. No longer does the government protect private property.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Jaskalas

Makes sense I guess.

Class warfare is eternal. Get used to it. At this point in time, I thick the wealthy class is still solidly on the offensive and expect the peons to take yet another swift kick to the economic nads regardless of who wins.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Jaskalas

Makes sense I guess.

You really ought to cool it with your America is heading towards communism crap. Have you ever heard of the idea of planting seeds in people's minds regardless of intention?

Atrail

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Capitalizt
I've voting Obama because the republican party has abandoned conservatism and they need to be taught a painful lesson.

Ditto
Republicans have no party to vote for until 80% of the party is flushed out. No choice but to vote Democrat until they get the picture... and stop warmongering...

winnar111

Banned
Mar 10, 2008

Makes sense I guess.

Makes sense too. At least they contribute to society, though, and don't get the handouts merely for breathing.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001

Makes sense I guess.

Makes sense too. At least they contribute to society, though, and don't get the handouts merely for breathing.

Doubt it.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002

Makes sense I guess.

You can hate them all you want but the bottom line is that Obama's tax plans call for helping out the working middle class far more than those on welfare that never work. That's why people support him.

Let's not turn this into a social welfare vs corporate welfare debate. We all know where it leads.

rpanic

Golden Member
Dec 1, 2006
With the choice of a fake or a joke I guess the fake is better because at least then I can pretend he is ok.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
There's a lot of reasons, and I was probably going to vote for him all along...but McCain's healthcare plan is just fucking awful.

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: AtrailDitto
Republicans have no party to vote for until 80% of the party is flushed out. No choice but to vote Democrat until they get the picture... and stop warmongering...
Who's warmongering? I thought the last person to do that was Joe "Plugs" Biden earlier this week.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by: T2T III
Originally posted by: AtrailDitto
Who's warmongering? I thought the last person to do that was Joe "Plugs" Biden earlier this week.

At least have the decency to wait until President Obama gets us out of the current Republican-initiated war before pretending that Republicans aren't warmongers.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by: nkgreen
Originally posted by: ohnoes
Originally posted by: ZOOYUKA
Originally posted by: ohnoes
because he's almost black. duh.

fixed

are you allowed to cast half a vote? I only wish to cast my vote for his black half, not his white half.

Don't you mean 3 tenths of a vote?

1/2 * 3/5 = 3/10

You're way too optimistic in your assessment of the historical literacy of the P&N crowd.

Oct 30, 2004
Originally posted by: ironwingClass warfare is eternal. Get used to it. At this point in time, I thick the wealthy class is still solidly on the offensive and expect the peons to take yet another swift kick to the economic nads regardless of who wins.

I agree. It's not like either candidate is going to address Global Labor Arbitrage--an economic force (foreign oustourcing, H-1B and L-1 visas, mass immigration) that is serving to redistribute wealth from the lower and middle classes to the wealthy while merging the economic well being and standard of living with that of people in the third world.