What is your opinion on Splinter Cell games?

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
I'm just getting into Double Agent again. I forgot just how hard these games can be. You need to have a lot of patience. I find myself dying a lot. lol

Tried playing Conviction, and it seems cool. I noticed that you can't move the dead bodies into hiding. I haven't tried the newer Splinter Cell games.

It's been years since I played the original.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
i've never played them, but this guy(tm) i knew, who had the privilege of being one of the few human beings i did not look down on or even outright despise, was enthusiastic about the whole series.

splinter cell is an IP from that period of time where you 1. had to pay for games (i know, right?), and 2. actually buy and play the game to figure out if it was any good.

Also, i had my fill of stealth with Metal Gear Solid (the first, famous, good one).

Also i want to add that stealth games can be very good, exciting, but they can also be a waiting simulator, where teh only real challenge is to not get bored. And, it depends on the game design. So a bad stealth game can be reeeeaaally bad.

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
I dont even remember much about Splinter Cell, what happened to the game why did the series die?

Last edited:

Printed Circuit Bro

Jan 21, 2020
The first splinter cell game I tried to play was long after the hype died down. It was a steam install and the first time I launched the game resulted in a cataclysmic failure and corruption requiring an OS reinstall.

Probably my fault, but that's my opinion of the games. There are a million other games. No need to play this one.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I really enjoyed them at one point. I remember playing the original and then a little bit of Pandora tomorrow. The settings and environments of the games were pretty interesting. I also played the last two titles that were put out but they were not like the original. I think these two were more action based.

Apparently there may be another title in the works for the future but little is known yet. When I kind of want stealth now I think back to the Hitman games.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
I love stealth games so naturally I enjoy Splinter Cell; even the newest ones to some degree.

Another game has been teased for awhile but alas... nothing