What is your most valuable possession

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Monetary: Computer and monitor. Maybe stereo.

'Value': Fender Strat. I don't play it that often, I suck, but something about having an instrument that's mine... That and it was about $500 when I got it.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Excluding house, car, or pets - I'd have to say a DVD with wedding photos, vacation pictures, ect on it would be my most "valuable" possession. Material cost is less than $1.00. Memories and emotional value can't be replaced.

Other than that, there really isn't anything that I can think of in my house that couldn't be replaced easily with a check from the insurance company. I'm just not really a family heirloom/novelty/collector type of person.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
(Excluding living things) I would be willing to lose anything that is insured (house, car, stuff in house). So, for me it would be all our pictures and my computer disks (programs and backups).

We just moved, so I got rid of a lot of crap, even stuff I thought had too much sentimental value to throw out. When I learned how much it would cost to move everything (twice - long story), I got cut-throat on throwing stuff out.

MotionMan

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Did none of you guys read that he said NOT to consider monetary value?!

My most valuable items (to me, not value) are my bicycles. They bring me fitness, exercise, entertainment, competition, and females.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Originally posted by: Safeway

the OP isn't the boss of me, where is my free speech to post whatever i wanT?

my most valuable stuff is my money pit, full of wonderful money! loads and loads of money to wallow in all day long!!!1111oneone

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Originally posted by: Safeway

Then he should have said "cherished", "treasured" or "most loved".

And, BTW, it was not lost on me that he said his was a car.

MotionMan

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
i don't own a house and my car was only 500 bucks...so...

my dog and my server; both are irreplaceable :/
the snake could die and i wouldn't care, lol...good pet though

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Definitely my home. If I had to pick a possession in my home, I would say my computer. But, my wife is the most valuable thing to me to be honest.