What Is Your Favourite Road Legal Car?

Pedroc1999

Jan 8, 2013
This is a thread to share our favourite cars with eachother. To start you off I choose the...

Nissan GT-R 2012 Edition

I love it to bits! The grip is unbelieveable!

Which cars do you like?

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
fave?

Fiat 131 Mirafiori Abarth.

z32

R32 GTR R33 GTR

Supra MK4

too hard. brain asplode.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
1988 Toyota MR-2 Supercharged
Of all the cars I've driven or seen, an old weird looking Toyota from the 80's is the only car I consistently want to see in my dream garage.
I think it would look really nice sitting next to the second runner up, a McLaren F1

Zivic

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2002
This is a thread to share our favourite cars with eachother. To start you off I choose the...

Nissan GT-R 2012 Edition

I love it to bits! The grip is unbelieveable!

Which cars do you like?

few yrs ago I probably would have said the GT-R, but if I think about it a bit, I would think the GT-R is kind of boring... or at least not a 3-4x cost factor to say a lancer evo or subie sti.

It's hard to say without driving everything. it would be very subjective based on reviews and looks. out of all the cars that are attainable to me, the most fun car I have driven is a lancer evo. I would like to drive a nicely setup RX-7, I think that would be a great car. I am also drawn to a CTS-V wagon, despite my dislike for GM

based on what I read and look at for higher end autos, I would like a 599 ferrari or a Aston Martin Vanquish.... er maybe a koenigeigg Agera or CCXR. Too difficult without driving a lot of cars

Pedroc1999

Jan 8, 2013
The GTR is good, in my eyes, because you ahve a 3.7ltr twin turbi with 550+hp and enough torque to bumpstart the internet. It does 0-60 in under 3.5seconds and the most amazing is the 4seats it has, all for £75,000 odd

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Ignoring the exotic supercars, I would go with the GT-R. I talk a little bit about why below, but if I were to include those exotics, I may go with a Pagani Zonda.

few yrs ago I probably would have said the GT-R, but if I think about it a bit, I would think the GT-R is kind of boring... or at least not a 3-4x cost factor to say a lancer evo or subie sti.

I've always liked what the GT-R represented. It's been a car at a lower cost that could "stand with the big boys." The only negative thing that I can think about is that while some of the yearly refreshes have offered increased performance (it's at about 550HP right now), the price has also crept up quite a bit. If I remember correctly, the car was released at about $75k, and now it costs close to $100k.

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
From Wild to Mild -

Saleen S7 TT

Jaguar XJ220

Shelby CSX

Spyker C8 Aileron Spyder

Mercedes CL65

Mercedes G550 TT

Celica Turbo All-Trac

Mazda 323 GTX

Dodge Daytona IROC Turbo

Railgun

Golden Member
Mar 27, 2010
I'm a bit biased and have to stick with the 7.

Lightweight, timeless styling, fantastic handling, great interior design, unique powerplant with an incredible potential for more, and a definite rarity now.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Difficult choice. If I absolutely had to rank my top 5, they'd probably fall out like this:

(1) 1987 Ruf CTR ("Yellowbird")
(2) Ferrari F40
(3) Porsche 959
(4) Ferrari 512BB
(5) 1993 Porsche 964 Turbo 3.6

Still, there are a lot of other cars out there that I'd love to own someday, like a 1968 Mustang SCJ Notchback, or a Ferrari 365 GTB/4, or a BMW 850CSi, or a Porsche Carrera RS 2.7 Lightweight...

So many great cars, so little time and money.

ZV

Zivic

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2002
I've always liked what the GT-R represented. It's been a car at a lower cost that could "stand with the big boys." The only negative thing that I can think about is that while some of the yearly refreshes have offered increased performance (it's at about 550HP right now), the price has also crept up quite a bit. If I remember correctly, the car was released at about $75k, and now it costs close to $100k.

I look at it more like the overall feel of the car. No debating the GT-R is a performer. Well beyond its price, but what good is that if the car is doing everything for you? I want driver aids to a point, but still want to have control and feel like I am still the one making the decisions. watching reviews and such, the GT-R IMHO loses that driver's feel. I have not driven one, so maybe I am completely off base, but after the novelty of few launches I think the car wouldn't feel as special (fun) anymore.... relative to the 100k buck price tag.

I contend with a 30k evo, you can have more fun. Heck with a 10k buck used miata you could have as much fun. It comes down to what you value the most

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
Lotus Exige Scura.
Even if I somehow got a more expensive car for free, I would sell it and get this car.

Lotus-Exige-Scura-0.jpg

Pedroc1999

Jan 8, 2013
Gumpert Apollo Enraged... It eats your Lotus as if it were a small chocolate bar in between races. For God sake it has enough downforce to drive upside down!

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Lotus Exige Scura.
Even if I somehow got a more expensive car for free, I would sell it and get this car.

Lotus-Exige-Scura-0.jpg

That is way too small and dangerous for the members who post in the garage. They be too scared to drive something that small.

I agree with you though. I'd rank that as one of my favorite cars of all time and I would own it in a second. May still own one at some point.

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
That is way too small and dangerous for the members who post in the garage. They be too scared to drive something that small.

I agree with you though. I'd rank that as one of my favorite cars of all time and I would own it in a second. May still own one at some point.

Certainly small. I'm 6' 2" and I sat in a base model Elise and it felt tight. A small bump and my head would hit the ceiling. I think it had a targa top so that brain damage could be avoided. On the plus side you don't have to worry about being knocked off it. Probably fun as hell to drive but I didn't get the opportunity. The owner told me that he found it needed more power and was thinking supercharger. Of course the car cruise we went on was mostly faster cars (Nissan 300Z/350Z's, turbo Supra putting down 430hp at the wheels, Boxster S, etc) and he was having trouble keeping up on the interstate.

I think I'd have to go with the 67 Shelby AC Cobra. Small, light, RWD car with a V8 up front and side pipes to make it rumble. No roof to worry about either. Some day I'm going to build one of those FFR kit cars. Probably the closest I'll come to driving one.

Vdubchaos

Lifer
Nov 11, 2009
Favorite to me = something I can obtain/buy/ maintain/insure and fix.

There is only one car that fits those categories.

Corvette

But I'm being realistic....

I guess I can also say Bugatti Veyron but I wouldn't want to own it even if I had billions.....

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I think the Ariel Atom is the "coolest" and probably my favorite ever since seeing it on Top Gear for the first time, that said, I don't know if it counts as fully road legal here in the states.

Of the more mass produced options, I could seriously see myself in a CTS-V wagon some day.