What is your favorite video game

patentman

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2005
As some of you may know, I am an avid gamer. I'm looking for some new stuff to play so I figured I would ask the ATOT community for some recommendations in the form of a favorite game list. So post your favorite game(s) by system. As you can probably tell from my list, I am big into old school games:

PS. I know I am a big loser

PC:
1. Bane of the Cosmic Forge
2. Severance, Blade of Darkness
3. FarCry
4. Half Life
5. Operation Flashpoint
6. Mechwarrior I-III and expansions
7. Midieval Total War II

Commodore 64:
1. Legacy of the Ancients
2. Skyfox 2
3. Ikari Warriors (1 and 2)
4. Karateka
5. The Last Ninja
6. Defender of the Crown

Nintendo
1. Mario Bros
2. Dragon Warrior
3. Final Fantasy

Sega Genesis
1. Herzog Zwei
2. Sonic the Hedgehog
3. Golden Axe

SNES:
1. Dragon Warrior III
2. Legend of Zelda Link to the past
3. NBA Jam

PS:
1. Resident Evil (any of them)
2. Final Fantasy VII/VIII
3. silent hill

PS2
1. Resident Evil (any of them)
2. God of War
3. Devil May Cry I-II
4. GTA III/IV

Xbox:
1. Ninja Gaiden
2. Halo
3. Fatal Frame

XBOX 360
1. Fight Night Round 3
2. Gears of War

JSFLY

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2006
If you are a patient gamer and like first person shooters, I would give hitman blood money a try. Really great game.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
i wish i had a dollar for every "what's your favorite video game" thread i've seen on this forum. i'd be rich

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Originally posted by: pontifex
i wish i had a dollar for every "what's your favorite video game" thread i've seen on this forum. i'd be rich

So? Don't you get tired of belittling everything that annoys you or you don't agree with? I mean I voice my displeasure of things as much as the next guy, as long as you're not that next guy!

dirtylimey

Nov 22, 2006
Supreme Commander Beta (If you liked Total Annhilation, you HAVE to sign up for this one. Its awesome)

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
My wife is currently playing Guild Wars (PC) and Okami (PS2). I play Okami when I have a bit of time. Nice game....

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Red Orchestra----you're in luck, if you load up Steam, you can Download and Play it for the next few days for Free.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Originally posted by: BrokenVisage

So? Don't you get tired of belittling everything that annoys you or you don't agree with? I mean I voice my displeasure of things as much as the next guy, as long as you're not that next guy!

Come on man give him a break ... i mean how else would he have gotten 11K posts in a year?

Right now Gears of War is by far my favorite game.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: purbeast0

Come on man give him a break ... i mean how else would he have gotten 11K posts in a year?

i do get tired of seeing the same posts (in the wrong forum also) every other day.

reset my post count to zero. see how much i care.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Originally posted by: purbeast0

i do get tired of seeing the same posts (in the wrong forum also) every other day.

reset my post count to zero. see how much i care.

keep in mind ... the more you post in this thread, the more it will be bumped back to the front of the page ... :p

Shadowknight

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
RPGSs for PC: Baldur's Gate I and II, and their expansions, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment
SNES: Final Fantasy II, III
FPS/RPG hybrids: System Shock II, Deus Ex
Action: Max Payne
RTS: Command and Conquer: Red Alert, Red Alert II
Also, Sam and Max for the PC
Wing Commander I, II, III
Wing Commander: Privateer. Someone did a remake of it last year and it's available for free, though the system for buying equipment for your ship and the hiring screen is a bit kludgy compared to the original. The AI of the enemies also suck, so you HAVE to use IR or heatseaking missles to kill anything, but still a good game.

NES: Metal Gear
Playstation: Metal Gear Solid, Castlevania: Sympony of the Night

Andy22

Golden Member
Jun 8, 2001
I am a little late to the party but I am playing Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butchers Bay and it is absolutely awesome.

Q

Lifer
Jul 21, 2005
Guitar Hero for PS2

and Condemned Criminal Origins for 360 or PC is good

and also TMNT IV: Turtles in Time for SNES is great