What is your favorite games in your collection ?

JPB

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2005
So what is your 5 favorite games on console you have in your collection?
Any console can be included as long as it isn't handheld.

My list is....

Breath Of The Wild
Days Gone
God Of War
Devil May Cry 5
Horizon Zero Dawn

I have not picked up Last Of Us 2 yet..but will soon. Along with Ghost of Tsushima.

Reactions: Anu_T

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Bloodborne
Super Mario Bros
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
NieR Automata

JoshuaM

Jul 14, 2020
My all time favourite games which i never get bored of playings are

Fallout: New Vegas
Fifa 20
Final Fantasy VII
GTA: San Andreas
Call of Duty 4: MW
Star Wars: X-Wing

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
God of war
Uncharted series
Hacknet
Red dead 1 & 2
Last of us 1 & 2
Witcher 3

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Super Mario Odyssey
The Last of Us 2
God of War
Beatsaber
Moss
Astrobot
Resident Evil 7 (in VR)

Honorable mentions would be from previous gen, the Burnout series. Burnout 3 and Burnout Paradise are probably my 2 favorite racing games.

sunnypuppy

Jul 29, 2020
I love all kinds of arcade games. But I'm not quite experienced yet and have not chosen the best one for myself. Also sometimes I like to participate in poker tournaments or place bets. But it all depends on my mood.

thrushconclude

Oct 25, 2020
what is my favorite game? Well, I gotta say: World of Warcraft is the best game ever!!!

For years, old World of Warcraft players have been telling the same thing – WoW is dying or is already dead. To those who are new to this game, don’t believe this for even a second. Every World of Warcraft player has its entry point at which he or she started to play the game. To them, the game they played was the best it ever was or will be – some praise The Burning Crusade expansion, some loved Mists of Pandaria lore, and the majority of the current player base keeps on telling that Legion was far better than Battle for Azeroth. Everyone has a different opinion about it but the fact remains – the latest expansion, Battle for Azeroth, broke the sales record in its first month.

I have been playing WoW for a really long time. It is also the video game I spent the most time on. I vividly remember making a night elf, logging in Teldrassil, and looking at the giant trees and the vibrant colors in awe. If you are interested in WoW, too, just dive into it! You won't regret it!

Nobece

Mar 11, 2021
FarCry 5 has my heart at the minute. Managed to pick it up on ebay for under £10 so classed that as a pretty solid deal!

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Games I still play and constantly go back to are:

Assasins Creed Odyssey
Last if us 1
Horizon Zero Dawn
NFS: Most wanted (the original version)

Reactions: Nobece

Nobece

Mar 11, 2021
Games I still play and constantly go back to are:

Assasins Creed Odyssey
Last if us 1
Horizon Zero Dawn
NFS: Most wanted (the original version)

Going back to san andreas these days is a shock in comparison to GTA 4. Still an absolute classic! Odyssey is out there too as one of my favourites.

Do you play on PC to be able to get GTA SA and NFS MW?

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Going back to san andreas these days is a shock in comparison to GTA 4. Still an absolute classic! Odyssey is out there too as one of my favourites.

Pc baby. Always first on pc. Then consoles for exclusives.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
The first 2 NFS:U games were awesome. I remember playing the hell out of those back in the day.

I'd like to add Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart to my list. The game is incredible, aside from it having it's fair share of bugs.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014

I have tried so many times to like GTA 4 and I hate it every single time, from the sluggish vehicle controls to the cookie cutter missions to Nico Bellic's constant whining about wanting to become a good person two minutes after murdering 50 people in the previous mission. GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, and V are among my favorite games ever made and I still enjoy the hell out of replaying them, while I hated IV at launch and every time I have tried to play it since. For the life of me I can't understand what anyone sees in that game.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I have tried so many times to like GTA 4 and I hate it every single time, from the sluggish vehicle controls to the cookie cutter missions to Nico Bellic's constant whining about wanting to become a good person two minutes after murdering 50 people in the previous mission. GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, and V are among my favorite games ever made and I still enjoy the hell out of replaying them, while I hated IV at launch and every time I have tried to play it since. For the life of me I can't understand what anyone sees in that game.
You nailed all the reasons I hate IV. The only redeeming aspect of the game is driving around and crashing until your car blows up and seeing how many people you can take out.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
You nailed all the reasons I hate IV. The only redeeming aspect of the game is driving around and crashing until your car blows up and seeing how many people you can take out.

I liked Ricky Gervais' standup and that Russian variety show. Otherwise hated every minute of GTA IV.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
It is hard to really say. There are really so many games that I had lots of fun playing and so many that I still go back to (even 20 years later in some cases).

I think if I had to list a top 5:
Final Fantasy 3 (USA)
Super Mario World
Contra
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
Rock band / Rock band 2

Yes, I threw Rockband 2 in there. It was an amazing party game during/just after college...

There are plenty of other games that probably deserve to be there, but even to this day, these are all still very fun and enjoyable games to play. In fact I have been working on/off again on a min/max runthrough of FF3 (USA) over the last couple years on console (basically the first challenge is to earn the minimum amount of EXP until after the world changing events and you have re-assembled the entire party again, meaning don't win a single random battle or fight that can not be otherwise avoided, and have certain party members not within the party in order to keep the party average level as low as possible as characters join/rejoin with a level based on the average). This then lets you create a second save once the entire part is back together which you can then use to make a maxed party since the character level-up bonuses are tied to items that you collect which later ones giving much higher stat boosts letting you max more stats on the characters. I have to say this is a real pain, but I just made it through the last part which relies on a pseudo-random number generator in order to get the minimum exp possible (everything else now is just a matter to spending the time to do things in the proper order). This was very hard to do on an actual console as you had to essentially time when to press the start button from power on in order to get the appropriate sequence, and I finally got it (and completed it without getting wiped and with all characters alive in the group so EXP was spread evenly). This is pretty easy to do in emulators with quick save and state manipulation, but a real pain on a true console.

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
Timesplitters 2
Grim Fandango
Medieval II Total War
Chrono Trigger
Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries

solidsnake1298

Aug 7, 2009
Journey
Shadow of the Colossus
Ico
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy Tactics
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7
Parasite Eve
Valkyrie Profile
Muramasa: The Demon Blade/Muramasa Rebirth

I play all these games once a year, or every other year for the longer games, to the detriment of my game backlog. The PS1 games are usually played on my Vita. The convenience of playing FF7 while on my porcelain throne is great. I bought a PS1/PS2 memory card to USB reader and was able to transfer all my OG save files from the 90's/00's. First to my PS3, at the time, then USB thumb drive, then PC, then to my Vita. And to Google Drive for backup.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I'd like to add Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart to my list.

Also Time Crisis 1 arcade game. I've been playing it quite a bit recently the I have fun with the time trials and trying to beat my prior times. And there is something about stepping on the damn pedal that makes it more fun than other shooting games. Probably because it's just different in that you don't shoot off screen to reload and have to kill enemies to progress past parts.