What is your ELVIS connection?

Ipno

Golden Member
Apr 30, 2001
Me, well, I'm too young to have ever met Elvis, but:

I actually got married in the same wedding chapel that appears in "Viva Las Vegas". ;)

Nemesis77

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
Speaking of Elvis. I was watching BBC News this morning before I headed to work. They had a report on the Elvis-celebration taking place.They said:

The reporter: "When Elvis died there were only few Elvis-impersonators. Today it is estimated that there are about 34.000 (if I remember correctly) Elvis-impersonators in the world. If this rate of growth continues it means that in the year 2014 one in four people in Earth will be a Elvis-impersonator"

The News-achnor: "That is a disturbing thought..."

:D

After the report, the anchor said: "Remember, you heard it here first! In 2014 25% of worlds population will be Elvis-impersonators!"

Jeffwo

Platinum Member
Mar 2, 2001
I am from the same area where he was born....Tupelo MS.

Never did like him much tho.

Jeff

<----------was a hippie back then

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
While driving back from Mo. yesterday I heard there is a internet site that can tell you if your related to Elvis.

(Sorry I didn't write down the URL.....I WAS after all DRIVING at the time..)

Bluefront

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2002
If you don't like Elvis, you're communist or something....maybe worse.

I was at Graceland for the one year anniversary of his death. Hard to describe. His father was alive so the mansion was not open to visitors, but I still got to visit the gravesite. His grave was next to his mothers....in the background was a fenced area with his horses visible. You know I got the same strange feelings there as when I visited the Alamo and went inside. Wierd.

Elvis is The King....always will be.

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000
Thank you for making "Viva Las Vegas" play over and over again in my head. On a related topic, RossMAN gets back tonight.

-PAB

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
My dad and his friends threw Elvis off of the stage at an Army base bacause he sucked so bad. this was in the 50's I think.

Cyberian

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2000
Originally posted by: KingofBladez
his middle name was Aaron, so my mom named me that...
I always thought it was 'Aron', in honor of his twin brother who died during Elvis' birth.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: PsychoAndy
Thank you for making "Viva Las Vegas" play over and over again in my head. On a related topic, RossMAN gets back tonight.

-PAB

Just got back from Vegas will update later after I get some sleep and get re-adjusted to under 110 deg weather.

But we did see Elvis among other stars.

Night all.

Dec 28, 2001
Well, he's a 7th-degree black belt in TangSooDo . . . but looking at a man go through bacon like that makes me question his abilities . . ..

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
His stillborn brother's name was Garon.....just to set the record straight.
He has had and does still have a huge impact on our culture. There will never be another King. Elvis, beyond all the smear was also a very good human being. What he did not understand back then, was that his dependency on prescription drugs, was no different than one's dependency on street drugs. I think he really thought it was ok, because it was prescribed by a doctor. I can see where the lifestyle took it's toll, on a very good man.

My mother met him with another friend, just roaming the halls of the Sheraton Hotel, in Spokane, Washington. He invited them both in, and they watched T.V. and chatted. Mom thought it was so unreal, when she asked if he wanted a stick of gum and he actually accepted and chewed it. She still has the wrapper, which she asked him to autograph.