What Is Your Class %?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
My job (NOC tech) was not listed, closest thing is "Network and computer data analyst" which sounds much more fancy than looking at screens and doing basic work on equipment. On that note this is what I got:

Education: 69%
Income: 88%
Wealth: 43%
Avg: 70%

Not sure if that's good or not, but meh. Can't complain I'm happy with where I am in life, and guess that's really what counts.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
Why? You're already at 90% overall

i don't make a lot of money though, i just live like a miser and save or invest as much as i can.

if i made real money i wouldn't have to save %60 of my income just to meet my goals, and would definitely live it up a little bit (move somewhere nicer than my tiny apartment, go outside the US for vacation, etc).

it's too late to change careers now, but at least i am working on some side income that i hope i can grow into solid 5-figures in the next few years.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
What a croc of shit, I've known people who are well-educated and plenty of $$ who were/are complete assholes. "Class" is about respect for oneself and your interaction with other people, it DOES NOT come with a $$ attached to it. The link provided is using the word "class" in place of "dick measuring contest for conceded assholes".

I expect nothing less from the NY times. Liberals love to divide people into little "classes."

Couldn't find aircraft refueler. So here is my "class" http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Aircraft_Refueler/Hourly_Rate

Last edited:

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
The occupation numbers don't make sense. I'm a sales engineer for a tech start up but my occupational class is equal to a food service employee (55% vs 54%)?

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
My job (NOC tech) was not listed, closest thing is "Network and computer data analyst" which sounds much more fancy than looking at screens and doing basic work on equipment. On that note this is what I got:

Education: 69%
Income: 88%
Wealth: 43%
Avg: 70%

Not sure if that's good or not, but meh. Can't complain I'm happy with where I am in life, and guess that's really what counts.
Negative. If you're not an ATOT 1%er, you've failed at life.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Education: 97
Income: 97
Wealth: 85
Average: 90

Kind of pointless especially given how old it is.

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
Its a useful tool for what it does. Its not accurate but its not going for accuracy. It makes the point its trying to make though.

Generational factors throw this off. There are baby boomers with nest eggs/paid off house assets with highschool education. The classic "I might have only gone to highschool but I worked three decades in my prime and worked my way up to $100k/year!"

I know people like that.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Education: 91th
Income: 94th
Wealth: 55th

Average: 79th percentile

Job and accumulated wealth could be higher I guess although I do like being a computer programmer as a job.

When it comes to this chart though it is for single people. Since I'm married with a stay at home wife.... that is why the wealth amount is a bit lower for me :)

But if I was to have taken this "test' when I first joined these boards 16 years ago it would be a bit different. I would be averaging 40th percentile when I was working retail sales and still working on my degree.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2000
Education: 99th percentile
Income: 98th percentile
Wealth: 93rd percentile
AVERAGE: 93rd percentile

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
haha :p

I have to deal with SE's promising customers things that the product can't do. I'm bitter :p

Definitely bad ones out there. I deal with them, too.

Education: 75th percentile
Income: 99th percentile
Wealth: 85th percentile

Damn occupation and education dragging me down...

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Definitely bad ones out there. I deal with them, too.

Education: 75th percentile
Income: 99th percentile
Wealth: 85th percentile

Damn occupation and education dragging me down...

if your over 200K with a "lower ranked" occupation who gives a fart?