What is wrong with Israel?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Originally posted by: Aisengard
It's just back to the status quo. Let's hope as long a peace as possible, and hold our breaths when this inevitably happens again.

(Personally, I'm hoping Israel perfects its laser missile defense system during this time, rendering all those rockets (and maybe those ICBMs) useless...and has every terrorist shitting their pants. It's a long shot, but that would honestly be the best hope for lasting peace in that region.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well Aisengard,

Looks like you have not read the Seymour Herch article in the New Yorker that pretty well proved that Israel was searching for an an incident---any incident to unleach a prepared offensive against Lebanon. And if that is the case, Israel can keep the staus quo by saying on their side of the border.---nice try at deflecting blame because the fault was Israelie over reaching.---and over confidence.

In terms of your hoped for anti-missile---something even the US struggles with and over blows the present technological feasability of, there is also the cost consideration also.

If I can buy bullets to shoot at you for 50 cents---and if it costs you a thousand bucks to intercept each bullet I shoot---you can be far wealthier than I but I will still eventually bankrupt you---but in this real world we live in I don't shoot anything that can harm---just words of what I hope is the truth.-----there has been a giant shift in the slope of the playing field---that I hope is something we can agree on.

IrateLeaf

Jul 27, 2006
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Originally posted by: Aisengard
It's just back to the status quo. Let's hope as long a peace as possible, and hold our breaths when this inevitably happens again.

(Personally, I'm hoping Israel perfects its laser missile defense system during this time, rendering all those rockets (and maybe those ICBMs) useless...and has every terrorist shitting their pants. It's a long shot, but that would honestly be the best hope for lasting peace in that region.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well Aisengard,

Looks like you have not read the Seymour Herch article in the New Yorker that pretty well proved that Israel was searching for an an incident---any incident to unleach a prepared offensive against Lebanon. And if that is the case, Israel can keep the staus quo by saying on their side of the border.---nice try at deflecting blame because the fault was Israelie over reaching.---and over confidence.

In terms of your hoped for anti-missile---something even the US struggles with and over blows the present technological feasability of, there is also the cost consideration also.

If I can buy bullets to shoot at you for 50 cents---and if it costs you a thousand bucks to intercept each bullet I shoot---you can be far wealthier than I but I will still eventually bankrupt you---but in this real world we live in I don't shoot anything that can harm---just words of what I hope is the truth.-----there has been a giant shift in the slope of the playing field---that I hope is something we can agree on.

first of all its Seymore HERSH!! Second of all his article proved nothing.
Second of all you and mr hersh have something in common.
Unsubstatiated speculation. In fact concerning sources he uses the words as a government consultant or one former defense official or one militrary planner told me.
The sad thing is very rarely does mr Hersh name the people who supposedly are giving him all this information. Sounds like somebody else we know on these forums.

You cannot substatiate his article if you donot know who these so called people are who are passing him information.

Second of all you really have no idea as to the cost of such an item as an anti missle system. if anybody can develope it the israeli`s can. In fact they ususally perfect alot of our systems.

The truth is you are gardly a beacon of truth and sanity.
The words spin Dr come to mind.

if there is a next time you can bet that israel will approach hezbollah with controlled abandonement! None of this holding bak or restraining your military due to public opinion!!

:D

Aisengard

Golden Member
Feb 25, 2005
Yes Lemon Law, just as proven as the 'fact' that America was just searching for an excuse to go into Iraq. (That never happened. We made up our excuse.)

Hezbollah gave Israel a very good excuse, and the Lebanese paid for it (because Hezbollah was too cowardly to actually stand up and fight on their own...Israel would have slaughtered them. Instead, they hide behind their women and children, knowing that Israel, unlike them, had morals, and would have a much harder time rooting out the real culprits). I don't see why you continue to keep Hezbollah blameless in all of this. If they had just kept themselves in check, Israel wouldn't HAVE an excuse to try and wipe them out. Hezbollah started it. How many more times does this have to be repeated for you to finally understand. Hezbollah started the incident. If Hezbollah had not attacked, then Israel would not have invaded. Repeat that to yourself many times, and come back when you finally understand responsibility.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
I could lecture you in a similar vien Aisengard---what drives this is Israel's failure to address the right of return---repeat that many times to yourself----and the theif who steals may enjoy the fruits of the theft while totally innocent people die. Maybe you enjoy the deaths and root for just one side.----I try to see ways to defuse the crisis---which involves destroying myths--and right now mainly Israelie myths given our press bias---rooting for one side to prevail over the other just ain't gonna happen.-----------------Now what?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
I could lecture you in a similar vien Aisengard---what drives this is Israel's failure to address the right of return---repeat that many times to yourself----and the theif who steals may enjoy the fruits of the theft while totally innocent people die. Maybe you enjoy the deaths and root for just one side.----I try to see ways to defuse the crisis---which involves destroying myths--and right now mainly Israelie myths given our press bias---rooting for one side to prevail over the other just ain't gonna happen.-----------------Now what?

From the Israeli viewpoint, the right-of-return concept was forfieted when the Palestinians sided with the Arab coutnries that choose to attack with the intention of destroying Irsrael.

Once, twice possibly they might think about turniong the other cheek and accepting fiegned contriteness. Not 5 times.

It may be a shame that the sons pay for the sins of their fathers; however, many sons have also followed the footsteps of their fathers.

The Palestinians were burned by greed and deceit of themselves and their brother Arabs.
Israel has treated them much better than the Arab couintries have a fact that seems to be overlooked.

They were thrown out of Joran and Egypt for misbahaving; they caused civil war in Lebanon. When they initially left Palestine; one would wonder why no Arab country warned them or attempted to allow them to settle.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper
They were thrown out of Joran and Egypt for misbahaving; they caused civil war in Lebanon. When they initially left Palestine; one would wonder why no Arab country warned them or attempted to allow them to settle.

It is far better for neighboring countries to keep them as "somebody else's problem" while sitting comfortably and waving a finger at us.

They've been made the joke of the century by their own "brothers". :(

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Harabec

It is far better for neighboring countries to keep them as "somebody else's problem" while sitting comfortably and waving a finger at us.

They've been made the joke of the century by their own "brothers". :(

To those that are talking about Israel being packed up and shipped out; why not look at the same logic for the Palestinians. Before '48 the land contained each of them.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001

From the Israeli viewpoint, the right-of-return concept was forfieted when the Palestinians sided with the Arab coutnries that choose to attack with the intention of destroying Irsrael.

Once, twice possibly they might think about turniong the other cheek and accepting fiegned contriteness. Not 5 times.

It may be a shame that the sons pay for the sins of their fathers; however, many sons have also followed the footsteps of their fathers.

The Palestinians were burned by greed and deceit of themselves and their brother Arabs.
Israel has treated them much better than the Arab couintries have a fact that seems to be overlooked.

Wow get a load of this garbage lol

Palestinians are the greedy deceitful ones as they live in horrible conditions of refugee camps while the Israelis build lavish subsidized houses on top of their ancestors graves?

Israel treats them better than Arab countries as they drop bombs on them and throw them in prisons without trial? Gee wonder what the Arabs did to them then...

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
Originally posted by: lozina

Palestinians are the greedy deceitful ones as they live in horrible conditions of refugee camps while the Israelis build lavish subsidized houses on top of their ancestors graves?

Israel treats them better than Arab countries as they drop bombs on them and throw them in prisons without trial? Gee wonder what the Arabs did to them then...

Black September... read about how the Palestinians were treated in Jordan

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: lozina

Read your history - I provided you a lot of hints.

It is the actions of the Palestian leaders/forefathers that brought them to this situation and also kept them there. The leaders were looking out for themselves not the people that they professd to represent/lead.

The Palestinian leadership (up through Arafat) lived in palaces/mansions, while there people were being shuffled around and eaking out a bare existance. The leadership sucked the resouces of the Palestinian people dry, tossing them a bone every now and then.

Seems like that is a habit in most of the Arab countries.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
What we are talking about is collective guilt---SOME Palistinians fought on the Arab side in 1948---Therefore ALL Palistinians.
have their land confiscated----about as valid as punishing the jews in perpetuity for killing Jesus.

Maybe its time to admit that this conflict is based in racial bigotism---on both sides.

And until both sides learn to work and live together---neither can live in peace.

But any with vision can see that as the more numerous Arabs close the technology gap, Israel can't forever hold the military hegmony they enjoy today. Long term its a losing game.