What is with Amazon and OnTrac?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DCal430, Apr 20, 2011.

1. DCal430

DCal430 Diamond Member

No Prime next day is 3.99 and Saturday next day is extra I think 5.99. If you order on Thursday night and select regular next day it won't come till Monday with FedEX or UPS.

2. Obsy

Obsy Senior member

I usually buy things Thursday morning to get them delivered on Saturday, because I'm out all day at school during the week. Sometimes OnTrac is retarded and delivers them early, though :rolleyes:

3. Homerboy

Homerboy Lifer

awesome thread.

4. Farmer

Farmer Diamond Member

That's weird. I could've sworn I've gotten prime 2Day deliveries on Saturday, without extra charge.

5. DCal430

DCal430 Diamond Member

2 day delivery does come on Saturday. If you want next day with Saturday there is an extra charge. If you order it on Thursday night and want it by Saturday it cost more than regular next day with Prime.

#30 DCal430, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  6. Meghan54

Meghan54 Diamond Member

Completely depends on the product. I bought a Silverstone TJ07 case on a Friday morning with the Prime next day delivery....charged the usual $3.99. Delivered at 10AM that Saturday.

Other products have had no Saturday delivery option, even when paying for Prime overnight delivery.

Completely depends on what Amazon posts for that particular product.

7. Aikouka

Aikouka Lifer

In my experiences, you are correct. With Amazon Prime, you don't enable Saturday delivery through any other way than using 1-day shipping. If you do 1-day shipping on a Friday (for $3.99 per item), you will get it on Saturday. If you do 2-day on a Thursday and it takes both days, you will get it on Monday.

8. Lotheron

Lotheron Platinum Member

I notice the same thing and I honestly do think they don't start delivering until after 5pm now.

I kid, I kid. I do know that they generally give businesses priority as far as delivery times.

9. Farmer

Farmer Diamond Member

Well, they give priority to whomever pays them more.

10. raystorm

raystorm Diamond Member

Amazon occasionally uses courier services here in New York City like Lasership, A-1 Courier..etc. Never had a problem with them though you have to be aware that sometimes they can come really late..like 11pm late!

11. Blayze

Blayze Diamond Member

I've had one package delivered USPS (2 day shipping), but most still come UPS.

12. Tommy2000GT

Tommy2000GT Golden Member

OP is a moron.

When amazon ships with Ontrac from their Arizona warehouse to my house in Northern Califorina, I get it the next day. Usually it will take 2-3 days with UPS or Fedex Ground

13. SandiC

SandiC Junior Member

They, or "we", are not a new company at all. We have been around for many years, but under the name of California Overnight. We have picked up several other states and business is thriving, therefor we simply changed our name to Ontrac, as to not confuse customer's with other state locations. Any more questions? I am a independent contractor and have been with this company for many years, I drive up to 300 miles a day to insure "YOU" get your package and in a fast, trustworthy, manner ... :)

14. SandiC

SandiC Junior Member

Glad to hear it, I deliver in northern Cali, where abouts are you located? Just wondering if you by chance would be on my route...LOL

15. schneiderguy

schneiderguy Lifer

Are you an Indian looking guy that wears a turban? If so you said "Hi" to me today while dropping off my package on my porch.

16. SandiC

SandiC Junior Member

Does my name sound like an Indian looking dude, with a turban? No, I am a hard working american woman that drives through the rain, snow, heat, ect... to deliver you your packages. Was in retail forever, now I am out and about every day doing something different. It's a good thing I like people Mister.... LOL.

17. tomt4535

tomt4535 Golden Member

I purchased a hard drive last Friday at 5:30PM with overnight shipping for $3.99 and it was at my door by 10:30AM the next morning. It was a single shipment on a small item, but it does depend on the item in question. I think it also depends on what warehouse they have the item in stock at.

18. sonambulo

sonambulo Diamond Member

Yeah, I got Laser Ship too. I was surprised they don't use real lasers.

19. schneiderguy

schneiderguy Lifer

Idk, Sandi could be Indian :hmm::hmm::hmm:

It'd be pronounced "Son-dee" if you had an Indian accent.

20. JD50

JD50 Lifer

pics?

21. shiner

shiner Lifer

[​IMG]