What is/was your best subject in school?

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000
Well this year things have turned a bit for me. I used to be a math type of guy, but so far this year I have a C :( so far which pisses me off, even though it's early. But I'm actually doing well in English which is a first, I'm getting used to reading long boring books. I would use to only read the Cliffs Notes and thought it'd get me by, but now reading both the book and reading the "guide" have helped greatly. History remains to be boring...

And no, lunch, PE, detention, etc., don't count :D

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
English has always been my best subject. I have written a lot of stories and several poems, now if I would only do something with them.. ;)

AlphaIVT

Banned
Jul 26, 2000
History is and will always be my best and favorite subject, its exciting learning about our past and how it has affected us to today.

FrontlineWarrior

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2000
English was fun but it was too... flowery. I prefer language that is more direct and not all sweetened up. That's probably why I like philosophy; it's as dry as you can get.

pen^2

Banned
Apr 1, 2000
whatever you do, just dont bring up math! i just bombed a test on it yesterday... my teacher is droppin the lowest one outta 5 tests in the course... then again i am gonna have to work for last 4 :(
I really enjoyed the CS class back in high school!

slicksilver

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2000
hmmm....I think math was my best when I was at school.....I didn't have to write much....just some numbers and bingo!.....maths was the most rewarding subject for me.....history was irritating....i had to write pages and pages....

Raj

warlord

Golden Member
Oct 25, 1999
chemistry, easy as pie for me :)

now I started taking physical chemistry :|:|

ThurzNite

Nov 15, 1999
I don't consider Computer Ed a real class, so I'd have to go with math, especially Algebra 2.

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
I was good in all subjects. I especially excelled at Sex Ed. ;)

Didn't do too well in the beginning of Trig, but the teacher was and absolute b*tch and didn't know sh!t about Trig. That's where I got my first (only) C. :(

I generally prefer Math/Physics/Chemistry/Computers. (Have degrees in all but Math).

amish

ThurzNite

Nov 15, 1999
Electric: Was Sex Ed hands on? they say it's the best way to learn something :)

edit: Also, my 12th grade english teacher said that repitition drills things home...just wondering if u knew that...

purplehayes

Golden Member
Mar 31, 2000
Wood Shop. No,really, I took it all four years of high school. That must explain why I have so many problems with computers. I could probably build a better computer desk than computer. DOH!

PH
:D

Frenchie

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 22, 1999
Inorganic Chemistry and Latin I, II, and III.

There were no real computer courses available when I was inhigh school. The x286 was state of the art when I was starting college...

Total Refected Power

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
Easiest: Liberal Arts. I never received any grade lower than an &quot;A&quot; in History, English, Philosphy etc.. Too easy all through the years.

Challenging: Calculus (3 semesters!), Physical Chemistry (2 years)

Fun: Biochemistry, Biophysics

I guess that is why I became a Scientist (Fun stuff)

Although I could have been a BASTARD of a LAWYER. Probably saved my soul by NOT choosing that profession. Still time though....

EmperorNero

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2000
math (alg1 &amp; 2, geometry) and compsci. latin and chem are my worse subjects. as for english, I did pretty well, but I never truly liked it. but this year, I have this awesome british teacher (she's teaching american lit...) and I like this class so far. and for math, I'm taking pre calc this year...I absolutely hate the teacher b/c her teachings are so vague so pre calc is becoming more and more difficult for me.

Haircut

Platinum Member
Apr 23, 2000
Used to think I was good at math, until I started doing a degreee in the damn subject :(