What is up with James Bond DVDs?

Parrotheader

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
I was hoping somebody might pick me up one of the James Bond Collection series (there are 3 sets) for Christmas. My wife tried, but said they were sold out everywhere she went. Ordinarily, you'd think they'd have the stocks replinished by now but it looks like nobody has them anymore.

It wouldn't be that big a deal if I could just pick up the movies individually. But with the exception of the last few movies in the series, it's nearly impossible to find the older classics even though they WERE on DVD at some point. Anybody know what's going on or where I could find a good selection of these?

Parrotheader

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
Thanks. I actually saw that already. It's not in stock though. :( I've even got myself on the list to be alerted when it comes back in stock. I just don't want to pay $150+ right now for something I won't see till God knows when.

Kipper

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2000
These are out of print now. Going for twice the retail on eBay for quite some time now...

Parrotheader

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
Thanks for the dvdtalk link. Found a link to this article in there:

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20020201/en/film-bond_1.html

I'm still trying to find out why you can't get some of the older ones individually on DVD though (I guess they're holding prints on those now too) A box set is nice and all, but if it doesn't offer any significant special features I'd be content to just pick off my favorites individually.

Codewiz

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2002
They decided to take them ALL out of print. This way they would then every so often put out special editions and such. I am pissed because I got 2 out of the 3 sets but never got the third and I am not paying 3x the amount for the third one.

Jim

Parrotheader

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
Kind of like how they released about 3 or 4 different versions of the Star Wars series on VHS I guess: regular, THX, widescreen, something else?

It's frustrating since these are some of my favorite Sunday afternoon crashing on the couch movies. :(