What is the worst hangover you've ever had?

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
Mine was when my girlfriend dumped me and I went and bought a gallon of cheap whiskey, started drinking friday afternoon, passed out, woke up and did it again, and repeated this for the weekend. Sunday came and I threw up for 2 days straight, still felt awful 2 days later. At one point I was so dehydrated that I thought about going to the hospital, I couldn't even sip water without throwing up 15 seconds later. i couldn't sleep either, because i was anxous/jittery from all the alcohol (later researched and found it was because of a neurotransmitter being depleted by the alcohol).

well then today i had to pull over and puke about 3 times...the worst part is lately i wake up drunk and feel weird, but it's not really drunk, just out of it.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Fifth of vodka + 2 bottles wine + numerous mixed drinks... mixing different alcohols is usually not a good idea if you're getting really plastered, and I paid the price. I couldn't even keep a sip of water down for 24 hours and didn't feel right for a week.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: JohnCU
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: compuwiz1
Seems to be an issue in your life.

This thread as well as the link of your other thread has me concerned about you. Get help dude. If not, this will not end well. :(

Denial is not your friend.</end quote></div>

i'm not in denial :D looking at options now.

I'm happy you are doing that. At least get evaluated, then take it from there. :)

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
Originally posted by: compuwiz1
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JohnCU
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: compuwiz1
Seems to be an issue in your life.

This thread as well as the link of your other thread has me concerned about you. Get help dude. If not, this will not end well. :(

Denial is not your friend.</end quote></div>

i'm not in denial :D looking at options now.</end quote></div>

I'm happy you are doing that. At least get evaluated, then take it from there. :)

yeah it runs in the family: dad, granddad, 2 uncles, 1 cousin, so i want to stop it now before it gets bad.

Jawo

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
When I drank nearly half of a 1/5 of Bacardi 151 in 30 minutes with a friend. Or possibly when I was drinking straight whiskey with a splash of coke...when I don't like whiskey.

Oct 9, 1999
last week. had to go to work the next morning.

got there and got a nurse to run an IV on me. drained a 1000mL bag in 25 minutes and felt fresher than a bowl of fruit.

S

SlitheryDee

I remember that there was a keg...and a refrigerator full of beer...and a handle of Evan Williams...and a bottle of prescription cough syrup. When I woke up the following night I could feel my brain hitting the sides of my skull every time I turned my head. I've never had it worse than that.

Pulling over 3 times to puke beats my story all to hell. How the hell did you work up the nerve to drive in that condition in the first place? Couldn't you tell that you were royally fscked?

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
Originally posted by: SlitheryDee
I remember that there was a keg...and a refrigerator full of beer...and a handle of Evan Williams...and a bottle of prescription cough syrup. When I woke up the following night I could feel my brain hitting the sides of my skull every time I turned my head. I've never had it worse than that.

Pulling over 3 times to puke beats my story all to hell. How the hell did you work up the nerve to drive in that condition in the first place? Couldn't you tell that you were royally fscked?

it wasn't that bad when i left, but the more i drove the worse it got.

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Had some shockers at college. Usually fuelled by a mixture of homebrew and goon ;)

Had one after a mate's 18th that left me feeling very nasty for basically the whole of the next day.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
hung with a girl in palm springs with her rich family. we had some giant drinks before the family took us to a bar, where we had more giant drinks, then off to dinner (finally something in my stomach!) with more giant drinks... i was smashed to bits. we woke up the next morning and hit the road right away. i had a splitting migrane headache. we had to pull over after 2 minutes so i could puke all over a golf course. i still felt bad on the second day. viva palm springs!

Steve

Lifer
May 2, 2004
www.chicagopipeband.com
The morning after my 23rd birthday, I was on the couch for the better part of the day. The morning after a friend's birthday, I puked twice and spent most of that day in bed. And the morning after this year's St. Patrick's Day, I developed a stronger appreciation for Advil.

ManBearPig

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2000
i puked on my roomated bed, puked in the hall on the way to the bathroom, puked in the bathroom, puked on the way back to my room, and then right after english i puked in the bathroom there.

worse day ever.

HombrePequeno

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
It's a toss up for me. The worst I've felt was the night after me and my friend got a free keg of really good beer. So we decided to throw a kegger. I had well over a gallon of that beer. The next day my house had International Work Day. I tried cleaning some but every time I moved my entire body hurt like hell. I laid on the couch for the rest of the day.

The sickest I've ever been from booze was from a mix of a six pack of New Belgium Trippel and gin and tonic. I finished the six pack easily but then my friend and I decided to play shot glass checkers but the only thing I had to drink was gin and tonic so I decided to play with full shots of that. I don't remember the rest of the night but I woke up with no sheets on my bed and vomit everywhere. I went downstairs and decided lunch would be a good idea. I then went to class to take a quiz that was worth 10% of my grade. I really wish the quiz had been right off instead of in the middle of lecture. When I got the test I was sweating like hell and trying to stop myself from puking. I rushed through the test and ran to the bathroom and puked for the rest of class (an hour). I did alright on the quiz though.

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
Well the other day I woke up in the middle of the night after passing out and was puking but I felt a tingle on the backside so I had to turn to puke in the tub and sit on the toilet really quickly. Then I sort of passed out on the toilet for few mins. Yikes.

patentman

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2005
Spring break 1997: I was in Panama City Florida and had consumed ~15 shots of goldschlager in 3.5 hours. The room started spinning. I put my head in a trashcan thinking I was going to throw up. I looked up and my friend Eric was looking at me. He said "how are you feeling?" I said "not good." He handed me a FULL beer can and asked me to crush it on my head (one of my specialties at the time, I'm not proud of it). I was so drunk I didn't notice the can was full. I slammed it on my forehead not once, not twice, but three times. On the third try I damn near succeeded in knocking myself unconscious. Apparently I was still conscious because I supposed ordered and bought pizza for everyone in the room. To feel better I went into the bathroom and laid down in the tub with all my clothes on and the water running. I woke up four hours later with freezing cold water running on me (hot water for the room ran out). I changed clothes and went to bed, only to be woken up by my friend Darryl doing his best impression of an elbow drop on my chest. Once I was up, Darryl looked at me and asked me what was on my forehead. I said "nothing, why?" He told me to look in the mirror and I did. Lo and behold I had a huge, bright purple circular bruise on my forehead from where I hit myself with the beer can.

Suffice it to say I had a huge headache for the next few days. Not to mention that because these events took place the first night of our trip, I had 0 luck with the ladies due to the giant welt on my head.

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
I woke up in a hospital one morning. I asked them wtf I was doing there (my own memories were extremely fuzzy) and they told me I had too much to drink the previous night and had fallen and smashed my head against the bar. I took a cab home around 7, went to bed and stayed in bed until 9pn that day. Wasn't really fine until the next day.