What is the "recommended" flash card for the 3DS?

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by SunnyD, Feb 15, 2013.

1. SunnyD

SunnyD Belgian Waffler

Yes, I know there isn't one for 3DS games (last I checked). I don't care about that. I got my daughter a 3DS for Christmas to replace her non-functional DSL, and of course the cards I purchased way back when for the kids don't work in the 3DS for the regular DS games. And of course other than a small handful of the games they have acquired over the years, most of the rest have been misplaced, losted, probably traded to friends, eaten by the dog, under their bed, whatever.

Anyway, looking for recommendations on the most functionally stable card that works with the 3DS at this time, since I'm not well versed on these things.

2. effowe

effowe Diamond Member

3. waggy

waggy No Lifer

R4I gold pro

make sure you get a REAL one though. there is one site that is fakes.

4. snoturtle

snoturtle Golden Member

Which card did you have before?
    It may just need an update

Ran into that before with the cards needing an update to work on the DSi

5. slayernine

slayernine Senior member

Are we allowed to discuss things like mod chips and gameboy flash cards on here?

I guess you can technically rip a GBA or NDS game from a cartridge you own but I've never heard of someone actually doing that.

Back on to the main topic, I have an R4 for my DS and it rocks. Still thinking about getting a 3DS, not sure it is worth my time.

6. lamedude

lamedude Golden Member

Didn't you get the memo, we all moved to Antigua.

7. exdeath

exdeath Lifer

I do it all the time. As a collector I a) like to keep complete in box games mint, b) dont have to worry about 20 year old save batteries.

PSP is obvious, no load time, multiple games without carrying UMDs around.

8. SunnyD

SunnyD Belgian Waffler

DSTT, not even the DSTTi, so it won't work - period. I do have a CycloDS (bought one for my son since he absolutely wanted to use his DS and Pokemon Battle Revolution on the Wii), but last time I looked the CycloDS doesn't support it either.

#8 SunnyD, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  9. gothamhunter

gothamhunter Diamond Member

R4i Gold with the wood firmware or Supercard DStwo.

10. Larnz

Larnz Senior member

*bump*

Anyone know if there is a card for 3DS games yet?

11. gothamhunter

gothamhunter Diamond Member

There isn't

12. Adrenaline

Adrenaline Diamond Member

I am going to necro this to get a few opinions on the DSTwo. (I did not want to start a new thread.)

I want to play Super Metroid, Link to the Past, Mega Man X and a few other games. Was curious to know how this plays those games.

13. artemicion

artemicion Golden Member

I could be wrong but I believe that the resolution on the original DS (and therefore the resolution for DSTwo emulation) is less than the resolution of the SNES. So SNES emulation is less than ideal because the picture is either cropped or resized.

14. HeXen

HeXen Diamond Member

I was thinking about hacking my 3ds XL just for emulation. It's like I want to ask, but don't.
    So far I never figured out what the flashcards are exactly, how it all works or anything. All I know I just want to play me some Super Metroid as well.

15. Adrenaline

Adrenaline Diamond Member

From what I have seen so far, the DStwo card fits in where the game slot is and takes a memory card. It has a built in chip that helps process the games you have on it. I am not interested in hacking my 3DS and from what I have seen, this card can work great.

I did read for best emulation a PSP before a certain date is really good to resolution of the PSP.

16. HeXen

HeXen Diamond Member

I actually have a hacked PSP and emulators on it, Also have a home built Arcade system too that I rarely fire up. I guess I just wanted to transfer that to the system I'm currently using. Not sure why I'm like that, I guess it's a convenience thing.

17. lamedude

lamedude Golden Member

256x224 for most SNES (don't think the higher reses saw much use) 256x192 for DS. You would want to resize the 8:7 AR to 4:3 anyway.