What is the number you pro war folks are comfortable with?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
JohnGalt has proven himself to be a liar coward; he certainly could not have had the balls to be in the Service. He thinks he knows the Secret Service, as he threated me last week with it, but nothing came of it.
Galt served in my brigade at the same time as I. 2 Bde, 1AD.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
JohnGalt has proven himself to be a liar coward; he certainly could not have had the balls to be in the Service. He thinks he knows the Secret Service, as he threated me last week with it, but nothing came of it.

That was when you posted you wanted President Bush and his entire administration assassinated wasn't it? Then you edited your post because of what? Who's the coward here?

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
I have no idea what you are talking about - it was JohnGalt posting all that nonsense and things I didn't say.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Perhaps they just need to take that "Edit" button away from us, some of you are clearly using that as a weapon.

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: BOBDN

You volunteered your time gout? Oh, no? You chose to join and were paid.

Your choice. You were paid. Get over it.

I never complained; I just thanked you for your service. I would do it all over again, too, so you get over it. Moreover, if this is your feelings toward those who serve, then why keep worrying about the ~ 300 who have died? They volunteered their time...they got paid...their choice...get over it.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
phillyTIM

These morons all believe if you aren't stupid enough to have to join up to make a living you aren't a "real" American.

Their only real asset is the ease with which they're brainwashed. Makes them all perfect candidates to become grunts.

They need the "structure" of military life. They need someone to tell them how exactly to do everything. They don't possess the mental faculties to figure it out on their own.

Now that their brainwashing is complete they think they've made some "contribution."

The only contribution made was us contributing our tax dollars to keep these dullards employed until they could be taught how to march in a straight line.

Jan 12, 2003
So now all the losers who weren't capable of getting a real job and had to join the military (during peace time) are coming out of the woodwork.

Want to compare resumes? :) They paid for my Doctorate, so not a total waste of time, eh, Boob? ..but thanks for summing up your views on our military; you have marginalized yourself yet again.

Jan 12, 2003
PS

Did you happen to see Georgie while you were there?

Oh, you didn't? He was busy dodging the draft?

So, what's your president done for his country, gout?

He went to Communist Russia when his country called on him. No, wait...I have my presidents mistaken.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx
So now all the losers who weren't capable of getting a real job and had to join the military (during peace time) are coming out of the woodwork.

Want to compare resumes? :) They paid for my Doctorate, so not a total waste of time, eh, Boob? ..but thanks for summing up your views on our military; you have marginalized yourself yet again.

Precisely my point gout. Thanks for making it clear for everyone.

They didn't pay for your doctorate genius. WE paid for your doctorate.

Thanks for the "contribution." I'm sure you couldn't have done it on your own.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
They paid for my Doctorate, so not a total waste of time, eh, Boob?
Perhaps it was just a total waste of our taxpayer money, that's sure what it appears to be with all that you spew around here.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
PS

Did you happen to see Georgie while you were there?

Oh, you didn't? He was busy dodging the draft?

So, what's your president done for his country, gout?

He went to Communist Russia when his country called on him. No, wait...I have my presidents mistaken.

Yeah, you sure are mistaken. Your president didn't go to Russia, HE WENT AWOL!

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
phillyTIM

These morons all believe if you aren't stupid enough to have to join up to make a living you aren't a "real" American.

Their only real asset is the ease with which they're brainwashed. Makes them all perfect candidates to become grunts.

They need the "structure" of military life. They need someone to tell them how exactly to do everything. They don't possess the mental faculties to figure it out on their own.

Now that their brainwashing is complete they think they've made some "contribution."

The only contribution made was us contributing our tax dollars to keep these dullards employed until they could be taught how to march in a straight line.

I think I'll save this and repost it in the vetern's day thread when it comes around.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
phillyTIM

I rest my case.

You have to rest your case. You can't refute the truth.

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: etech
phillyTIM

I think I'll save this and repost it in the vetern's day thread when it comes around.

It's quite ironic that the guy keeps screaming about the illegal war and wants to see the 'LOSERS' brought home; guess he's quite lonely without fellow losers around.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

So while I was busting my a$$ working three jobs to put two kids through college you were getting a free doctorate?

Thanks for the contribution gout. I hope you enjoyed your "free" education the rest of us had to pay for.

What a patriot.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
And in the meantime all you heroes are supporting the draft dodger while he sends troops to Iraq to lose life and limb FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON!

Must be part of your military training. Never question authority. Even when the authority is a lying draft dodger.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
phillyTIM

Way to stereotype. Plenty of very smart and capable people serve for all sorts of reasons. Carter to JFK etc which you may or may not appreciate... The main reason being we need DEFENSE of our country. I donno where you get your sceawy ideas they are any dumber than general population, infact I'd say on average they are smarter...You need HS diploma minimum, and pass some rudemtary testing even for basic enlistment. Officer programs are very competitive so are the academies and many fields in the enlisted ranks like NUKE Technitions and Army helocopter pilots. Anyway the .mil needs all types, not just brainless war mongers you seem to think infiltrate the ranks... Stop watching so much TV and movies where the portray them as mindless thugs.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Let's not forget the "contribution" Cheney is making.

Setting up rules for government contracts his company can take advantage of then pushing for a war so he can profit from it.

Real patriot there.

Making more of a fortune off American lives. What a contribution.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Zebo
phillyTIM

Way to stereotype. Plenty of very smart and capable people serve for all sorts of reasons. Carter to JFK etc which you may or may not appreciate... The main reason being we need DEFENSE of our country. I donno where you get your sceawy ideas they are any dumber than general population, infact I'd say on average they are smarter...You need HS diploma minimum, and pass some rudemtary testing even for basic enlistment. Officer programs are very competitive so are the academies and many fields in the enlisted ranks like NUKE Technitions and Army helocopter pilots. Anyway the .mil needs all types, not just brainless war mongers you seem to think infiltrate the ranks... Stop watching so much TV and movies where the portray them as mindless thugs.

I have friends and family in the military. I know they're smart and capable.

I object to the people on this forum who suggest that if you haven't been in the military you haven't contributed anything to America. If you haven't been in the military you don't have a right to speak your mind.

I consider these people morons and everything I said applies to them.

Jan 12, 2003
Last words on this issue. then no more replies to you, Boob.

I truly doubt you are the age you purport, and have children in their thirties. I say this because of your views toward the military. It is the younger, college-aged crowd who shares in your views of our military; they hide in the ivory towers and think the members of our military are 'dumb red necks' who couldn't pursue a career outside the military, thus are forced to join in order to make a living and pay for the tractor back home. "Only losers would join the military" is the typical rhetoric you hear from teenagers. The older crowd, however, shows a greater appreciation for a military, as they realize the sacrifices brave men and women before them have made; the cemetery across the bridge from me serves as a reminder of their sacrifice; they served so people like you wouldn't have to...and this is the thanks you give them. Again, thanks for your service, Boob, and your disservice for everyone who has worn the uniform.

[Edit]

Thanks for the contribution gout. I hope you enjoyed your "free" education the rest of us had to pay for.

What a patriot.

You want to pay my $70K + still outstanding with Sallie Mae, Patriot? I thought people with your ideologies would be happy to see "free" educations being granted to Americans; oh, that's right, only to African Americans, lazy Americans, and homeless Americans. White people who join the military do not deserve a 'free' education.

Let's not forget the "contribution" Cheney is making.

Setting up rules for government contracts his company can take advantage of then pushing for a war so he can profit from it.

Real patriot there.

Making more of a fortune off American lives. What a contribution.

Nice spin off the topic of the 'Losers'...just like every other post by you. If it isn't NYT articles, or your stupid quotes, you just keep going back to the same rants...Are you sure your kids are 31+?