What is the most expensive (monetarily) item you've lost?

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
What is the most expensive (money wise) item you've lost or misplaced and never found again? If you can't find it and suspect it was stolen, that's fine. But if you know it was stolen for sure, then that does not count.

I lost my digital camera and a few memory cards over the weekend.

You?

crawford

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2002
I left my digicam ($300) on the table at my neighbors apartment when they had a bunch of people over and never saw it again.

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Eh... a 1993 silver dollar proof. It was worth like $15, prolly more now.

PoPPeR

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2002
when I was like 7 I lost a $150 G-Shock watch. I know my gardeners took it, but I was 7, and instead of telling my parents I said nothing for 2 years until my mom suddenly noticed she hadn't seen me wear it for awhile and our gardeners were long gone

paulney

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2003
My wife lost $30 and a decent leather wallet when thieves snatched her purse in an internet cafe in Barcelona.
There was nothing else in the wallet, and that was the only item they took from the purse.

TechnoKid

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2001
i had a $100 bill stolen, and a $20 once too, i suspect some of my lesser close friends, but eh, karma will get em.

PoPPeR

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2002
oh yeah I sat on a pair of $150 Ray Bans, after the warranty had expired, so I guess that tops my last one

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: hjo3
Originally posted by: Zim Hosein

My SO! :(
Unless she was a slave, she did not have an intrinsic monetary value.
You fail.

When my SO was w/ me, it cost me a lot of $; now that my SO and I are not together anymore, I don't spend that much $ hjo3. :)

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003

You fail.

When my SO was w/ me, it cost me a lot of $; now that my SO and I are not together anymore, I don't spend that much $ hjo3. :)

So you lost nothing. Or you lost the losing-of-money, which is still nothing. In other words, you dumped/got-dumped and decided to announce it in a thread which has nothing to do with that topic.
You still fail.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999

You fail.

So you lost nothing. Or you lost the losing-of-money, which is still nothing. In other words, you dumped/got-dumped and decided to announce it in a thread which has nothing to do with that topic.
You still fail.

You forgot to factor in the price of sex hjo3! :p