What is the MCH Core Voltage?

Apr 20, 2008
So my 3Ghz OC wasn't posting at all anymore. I used the config from someone elses OC (same board, CPU, diff ram) and it posted without issue. I am worried about this. The part in bold is higher then what is set to auto and I am unsure of what they mean.

I know there are a few of them, but i just don't want to fry anything. My north bridge (Gold HS right below the CPU) is pretty darn hot, but not burning hot. Should this be an issue?

Originally posted by: sbohdan
hi all. I found this thread when browsing google and thought I could help. I have the same MOBO and CPU and I also went through lots of anguish when I tried to OC the q8200 but I have some good news to those who have the DS3L MOBO + qQ8200 CPU: I found the rock solid values for 3Ghz. they were tested with prime95, intel burnin test, PCmark and 3dmark06. I had these settings rock solid while folding with the GPU and CPU 24/7 (100% load on all 4 cores and the video card) for the past month (its been on folding full blast since)

so here are the exact values in bios:

FSB: 429Mhz

PCI-E: 100Mhz

C.I.A: DISABLED

ADVANCED CLOCK CONTROL: 800mv
800mv

ops
0ps

SYSTEM MEMORY MULTIPLIER (SPD): 2.00B

MEM: 858Mhz

RAM TIMINGS: 5-5-5-15

ADVANCED RAM TIMING CONTROL: ALL AUTO EXCEPT tRFC IS 48 (DEF. 72)

CPU Vcore: 1.31250V (1.264 in CPU-Z because of V-drop)

CPU TERMINATION: 1.200V

CPU PLL: 1.650V

CPU REFERENCE: 0.762V

MCH CORE: 1.300V

MCH REFERENCE: 0.760V

ICH I/O: 1.550V

DRAM: 2.2V

ADVANCED BIOS FEATURES:

LIMIT CPUID MAX TO 3: DISABLED

NO EXECUTE MEM PROTECT: ENABLED

CPU ENHANCED HALT (C1E): DISABLED

CPU EIST FUNCTION: DISABLED

all the other values were untouched.
my RAM is different from yours, so the only thing that would make these settings not work with your setup if your RAM can't OC to 858Mhz. these settings underclock my RAM from 1066 but they allow for the 1:1 FSB:DRAM ratio.
the reason I was googleing this topic is because I know this chip can get to about 3.5Ghz and was looking for clues on what to adjust in BIOS to achieve that.

it seems your PSU is powerful enough to support this OC. the only question is the RAM but I think that should be OK too. good luck with your OC.

Udgnim

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2008
MCH = Northbridge

I think the mobo should handle 1.3 MCH voltage np

at least, I'm confortable with that voltage using an EP45-UD3P