What is the mask situation like where you are?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

What is the mask situation like where you are?

• Masks required in public places/businesses due to state mandate

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • Masks required in public places/businesses due to local (County/Municipal) mandate

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • No state/local mandate but most people wear masks anyway

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • No mandate and most people do not wear mask

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • COVID-19 comedy option

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Took a drive around downtown Long Beach, CA this weekend and tons of people out and about. About 15-20% had masks on.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Took a drive around downtown Long Beach, CA this weekend and tons of people out and about. About 15-20% had masks on.
I believe it. Get much south of L.A. and people get stupider and stupider. I heard talk last week or so that there's some discussion about renaming John Wayne Airport. I have flown in there several times. It's a teensy tiny airport in Orange County.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
I believe it. Get much south of L.A. and people get stupider and stupider. I heard talk last week or so that there's some discussion about renaming John Wayne Airport. I have flown in there several times. It's a teensy tiny airport in Orange County.
I'd take any airport over LAX. Try flying into Long Beach. It has 10 gates and you walk out onto the tarmac to board.

I normally travel constantly and it's going to be odd getting back into that mode.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
Kentucky has a mask order as of last Friday. Grocery stores were probably about 80% compliant before that.
Not here in Bullitt county. Covidiots still make up 'bout half the people breezing by the Kroger & Walmart attendants (masked) at the doors.

Ugh...

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
NH, No state/local mandate but the [majority of] people wear masks [indoors] anyway.
Outside doesn't bother me much, so long as I can avoid groups of non mask wearing ppl.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
If i had to toss out a estimated number percent wise wearing a mask where i am, i would put it at idk 40%? Yeah i always see hoards of people in groups of sometimes 3+clucking together like some god damn chickens too and no one wearing a mask. Entire families with kids in walmart,no masks as well. I saw a catholic church right down the way on my morning walk once, completely full just about and a few came out without a mask.Their doors were wide open, so it was obvious. Yeah i have to do my walks earlier now, cause of that shit. The earlier the better , even the gas stations if i must use one for any reason just have the cashier at like 7:30am or so usually.

Yeah i have to be strategic avoiding the fucking idiots here, like ordering food on walmart.com and just picking it up has saved me TONS of exposure.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
NH, No state/local mandate but the [majority of] people wear masks [indoors] anyway.
Outside doesn't bother me much, so long as I can avoid groups of non mask wearing ppl.

I'm curious, is that near one of the few "densly" populated areas up your way? Afaik, NH has lots and lots of rustic areas but few "metro" areas.

I know, I used quotes, but it's all relative right?

And I echo the sentiments about outdoors. If I'm outside hanging out, keep the 6 feet, don't cough or sneeze near anyone, and just try to relax a little.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
State mandated and mostly followed (>95%) since I'm in one of the world hotspots (San Antonio, Texas). The mandate came way too late though (~2 weeks ago) and before it people didn't wear them in the white neighborhoods out here.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
I'm curious, is that near one of the few "densly" populated areas up your way? Afaik, NH has lots and lots of rustic areas but few "metro" areas.

I know, I used quotes, but it's all relative right?

And I echo the sentiments about outdoors. If I'm outside hanging out, keep the 6 feet, don't cough or sneeze near anyone, and just try to relax a little.
Well, I don't know about other cities like Salem and Nashua. The more 'densely' populated areas are So. NH and the coastal regions. Some local municipalities may have more stringent mask requirements. Some businesses do. I just haven't seen any evidence of a mask requirement in Manchester. Again, most people seem to be responsible indoors - of course, there are glaring exceptions. I finally found a mass this is very lightly attended, 40 people in church that seats ~600. It's the last mass on Sunday evening "the last dash mass'; we sat up front so that everyone was behind us (and no one was nearby).

I wish our Governor would setup a mandate at least for indoor operations and workplaces, but he's going with 'encouragement' of mask wearing and social distancing.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
State mandated and mostly followed (>95%) since I'm in one of the world hotspots (San Antonio, Texas). The mandate came way too late though (~2 weeks ago) and before it people didn't wear them in the white neighborhoods out here.
Just curious will you and others in Texas hold Republicans to account in Nov for failing to respond to the pandemic until too late?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Well, I don't know about other cities like Salem and Nashua. The more 'densely' populated areas are So. NH and the coastal regions. Some local municipalities may have more stringent mask requirements. Some businesses do. I just haven't seen any evidence of a mask requirement in Manchester. Again, most people seem to be responsible indoors - of course, there are glaring exceptions. I finally found a mass this is very lightly attended, 40 people in church that seats ~600. It's the last mass on Sunday evening "the last dash mass'; we sat up front so that everyone was behind us (and no one was nearby).

I wish our Governor would setup a mandate at least for indoor operations and workplaces, but he's going with 'encouragement' of mask wearing and social distancing.

Live free or die bruh :cool:

Mar 11, 2004
Just curious will you and others in Texas hold Republicans to account in Nov for failing to respond to the pandemic until too late?

Ducebag (AZ gov) needs to be recalled for his handling of this.

I just looked and someone's filed (so they can try and collect signatures) one. Get this, its by people mad about the stay home order (as in they're criticizing him for extending it back in April).

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Another big day for FL.

Home state report: MA is slowly going thru it's reopening. People are starting to relax, but not getting back to "normal". I have to say, as an socially anxious person, I've been practicing for lockdown my whole life, and I'm loving some of it. My kids tend to bring me back to reality tho :p

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I'd take any airport over LAX. Try flying into Long Beach. It has 10 gates and you walk out onto the tarmac to board.

I normally travel constantly and it's going to be odd getting back into that mode.
It's funny. 2-3 years ago I got my first passport. I still haven't used it. Around a year ago I started shopping travel luggage. I bought a pretty high end piece of rolling carry-on luggage. I bought several sets of various kinds of packing cubes, including compression cubes. Have used maybe one of those, put in the backpack I traveled with to a family affair in San Diego that was the weekend of Feb. 29-Mar. 1. I was sorta nervous about that, things were just ramping up covid-wise then, but decided odds were way against getting infected and went anyway. Two weeks later I WOULD NOT HAVE GONE. I've basically been home 100% of the time ever since then, not been inside a public space since Mar. 18.

Right now you can get some super deals on packing cubes! Amazing deals. I bought a set of compression cubes for under $8 a couple weeks ago! Sure hope a great vaccine is coming so I can use this stuff. I wouldn't dream of getting on a plane now. Well, dream yes, get on one, no!

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014

Probably not. I mean I'll vote a straight Democrat ticket but I don't have much hope on anything killing the Republican stranglehold on state offices.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Probably not. I mean I'll vote a straight Democrat ticket but I don't have much hope on anything killing the Republican stranglehold on state offices.
That lieutenant governor in TX is unbelievable in the extreme. I saw video of him saying literally that Fauci has been wrong about everything from the beginning. What chutzpah, rotted bullshit.

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveGrabowski