What is the cheapest way to call Spain or England?

radiocore

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2000
Does anyone have or know of the cheapest way to contact Spain or London? Whether it be web-based or calling cards or some sort of deals out there that I don't know about. :)

thanks in advance

GreenBeret

Golden Member
May 16, 2000
Until recently, I've had to call Italy a lot.

There are a ton of free web things out there, but they don't always sound that great, since many of them use your computer mic and speaks.

If you want to use your phone, then one of those callback things works really well. You dial a number, then dial the number you're calling, then hang up. Then your phone will ring, and you pick it up and talk to the person.

There's another thing that I have used, similar to then one above. This one you just add some numbers to the biggining of the number you're dialing.
edit: Advertisements for them should come in the mail about once a month. Check them out, they're worth a look.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
People will probably chime in anytime about some Internet Telephony sites which you can call PC to PC for either free or dirt cheap.

If you want to call phone to phone with decent quality without having a monthly charge, connection fee, or minimum $20 charge then look no further than BigZoo.com

You can try BigZoo.com for only $5 which is nice because you won't have to spend $20 on a phone card or even switch your long distance provider.

12.5 cents/min Spain $5 gives you 40 minutes of talk time.

4.54 cents/min United Kingdom (London) $5 gives you 1 hour 50 minutes (100 minutes) of talk time.

I've called over 20 countries (personal and work) using BigZoo.com the quality isn't as crystal clear as AT&T is but it's a lot better than web to phone and heck of a cheaper than AT&T is.

Bryan

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Have them call you using Dialpad(.com). It's a totally free, PC to phone call. It's supposed to be US only, but I haven't heard of them blocking that yet. As long as they're dialing a US area code and number, it goes through.

radiocore

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2000
Well, they can't use a PC to phone because they do not have a PC to use.

I did find a public payphone that could dial out long distance for only a quarter. So I can get 5 minutes for 25 cents. its not bad, but I have to drive and leave the house to do that =(