What is the best way to make a tuna fish sandwich?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I am a simpleton when it xcomes to tuna fish!
I like a good quality tuna fish and just some celery and mayonnaise!

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Eeeeewwww! I love tuna...sashimi/sushi, grilled ahi steaks, etc...but the canned crap? No thanks.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
With onion, black olives, relish, mustard, Miracle Whip, garlic powder, black pepper, and chopped bandana pepper.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
1 take can of cat food out of cupboard, throw it in the trash
2 go to Jersey Mike's and buy a proper sandwich with Salami, proscuitto, pepperoni, ham, mortadella, tomatoes onions lettuce and oil and vinegar.

Reactions: Midwayman

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
1 take can of cat food out of cupboard, throw it in the trash
2 go to Jersey Mike's and buy a proper sandwich with Salami, proscuitto, pepperoni, ham, mortadella, tomatoes onions lettuce and oil and vinegar.
Canned Tuna isn't catfood and it is quite suitable for Human consumption.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
The main issue I have with consuming Tuna regularly, besides the mercury, is my concern with overfishing fisheries.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
The main issue I have with consuming Tuna regularly, besides the mercury, is my concern with overfishing fisheries.
Plus its dry as fuck. God knows what they do to it between it being actual tuna thats tender and pleasant tasting and that dry indigestible crap that smells like a cats arse.
Fresh tunas worth the mercury hit now and again, canned tunas just nasty and poisonous.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Plus its dry as fuck. God knows what they do to it between it being actual tuna thats tender and pleasant tasting and that dry indigestible crap that smells like a cats arse.
Fresh tunas worth the mercury hit now and again, canned tunas just nasty and poisonous.
I disagree as the store brand Tuna in oil I have on hand isn't dry at all and tastes fairly decent despite being oil.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Don't get tuna in water. Tuna in oil is not dry and tastes better. But I stopped eating tuna sandwich. I find that boring.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Don't get tuna in water. Tuna in oil is not dry and tastes better. But I stopped eating tuna sandwich. I find that boring.
I used to get tuna in water and add a little bit of olive oil to it. Should have brought some canned in olive oil when I was last at Walmart.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
I used to get tuna in water and add a little bit of olive oil to it. Should have brought some canned in olive oil when I was last at Walmart.
I buy the cheapest oil tuna. Which means it's never in olive oil. The ones I have are packed in soybean oil and vegetable broth. I use tuna to add flavoring so any cheap tuna in oil is fine. Last week I mixed tuna in vinegar sushi rice with diced carrots, toasted walnuts, sesame seeds and stuffed it in fried bean curd pockets. The fried and soy sauce marinated tofu outer pocket gives it sweet and slightly salty, meaty savory flavor and texture while the vinegar sushi rice with tuna gives it nice fishy vinegar flavor and soft texture. It works really well and this sushi dish is simple to make at home.
cjRM1UBh.jpg