Question What is the best video card to pair with Ryzen 5 5600x?

mrfatboy

Sep 3, 2006
I have a Ryzen 5 5600x with a Asus 570 MB. 32g RAM.

what would be the best video card to get to pair with it?

rtx 3060, 3070, 3080?

something else?

MalVeauX

Dec 19, 2008
The highest number 3000 series nVidia card, assuming you're pushing the card to its limits via high resolution and highest graphics settings in the game.

But the real answer is: whatever video card you can get that will play your games. Since it's so hard to even get one of these, any will be good.

Very best,

Reactions: VirtualLarry

mrfatboy

Sep 3, 2006

I know it’s ugly out there for buying but I want to know what to target. I don’t have a sense of what card will bottleneck the cpu.

any help will be appreciative 👍

MalVeauX

Dec 19, 2008
I know it’s ugly out there for buying but I want to know what to target. I don’t have a sense of what card will bottleneck the cpu.

any help will be appreciative 👍

Again, it depends on the games you're running and the resolution and settings. Old games will run too easy no matter what really, unless they're just really badly coded.

If you're running them at 1080p and medium settings, your CPU/Memory will be the bottleneck.

If you're running the most demanding titles at 4k with high settings, you're set. That's the purpose of these cards basically and you really don't need to fret over bottlenecking with a fast Zen3 CPU.

If you're worried about competitive online stuff, worry about your latency and less about your graphics.

Get the best 3000 series card with the most VRAM that you can afford if its ever available. If you care about value/budget and getting what's good for the money, then target the 3060.

Very best,