What is the best song by a fake band from a movie?

krotchy

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006
So I am curious, what would people consider the best song to be written explicitly for a fake band in a movie.

Meaning take a movie which featured a band that is not a real band, and had a "hit song" in the movie. What is your favorite one of these. Personally Ive always liked We All Die Young by Steel Dragon in Rock Star, even though its just Mark Wahlberg doing a fake 80s power ballad.

Some others ones that come to mind are "That Thing you do" by The Wonders in "That Thing you Do"

can anyone else think of some good/random songs from fake movie bands.

Also try to limit the posting of songs from movies that are specifically musicals, unless the song is the performance by the "band" in that movie, and not music pertaining to the story. Its gotta be a song written and performed by a fake movie band.

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
big fun - teenage suicide (dont do it) / heathers
cb4 - straight outta locash / cb4

krotchy

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006
Originally posted by: DangerAardvark
You're really narrowing it down there aren't ya OP?
Anyway, also not from a movie, but a TV show: Franz Kafka Rock Opera

oh yeah, thats the point :p It is after all 2:33am (Mountain) on a Friday, lol

I thought of another movie that fits the bill with multiple songs, and the song hes writing for the movie "Way Back Into Love" is actually pretty good.

Music and Lyrics

Theres the pile of awful (and awesome) 80's pop songs by the band Hugh Grant is in (I think it was called POP too?) "Pop goes my heart" is the main one, and the video/song is absolutely hilarious. You hear one song all the way, but you hear a bunch of parts of other ones as he performs at various events among other things.

Then theres the song that he writes for his comeback which I already mentioned.

Also theres a bunch of really bad songs from the crazy starlet girl in the movie.

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002
Because the entire thing is a spoof, anything by Tap.

That is more real than even Herbie Herbert will admit. I've SEEN that stuff happen irl.

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: coldmeat
I know it's not a movie but I have to say Killer Tofu by the Beets.

ahhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooo killer tofuuuuu eeeeeiiiiiiii

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
no one mentioned Eddie and the Cruisers - On the Dark Side? i think frome the movie of the same name about a singer who faked his death?