What is the best pair of socks out there?

Regine

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2000
I love smartwool socks. They're so expensive though, so usually I just get the Hanes ones ;)

divinemartyr

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 2000
I'm going to concur with toolgirl. I wear mostly smartwool socks, most comfortable socks evar.

I was at Galyan's at the Stonebriar mall north of Dallas in Frisco last month and found some smartwool socks on 50% off clearance. Picked up about 6 pairs for $6 a pair. You might think that's expensive, but not if you've ever worn these socks. They are made of merino longhair wool. Never hot, itchy, or uncomfortable.

dm

melly

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
No specific name brand. They have to be cotton, though, and the funkier the design, the better.

CarlKillerMiller

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2003
I usually just buy hanes...It's pretty cheap.

Another couple questions. Can you ever tell right away when your socks are on the wrong foot? And do the socks have to be almost perfectly placed, otherwise you'll feel incredibly uncomfortable?

PoPPeR

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2002
Originally posted by: Chraticn
I usually just buy hanes...It's pretty cheap.

Another couple questions. Can you ever tell right away when your socks are on the wrong foot? And do the socks have to be almost perfectly placed, otherwise you'll feel incredibly uncomfortable?
i've never felt like i had the wrong sock on the wrong foot, but if the sock isn't perfectly placed i will stop and fix it until it feels right. It's incredibly uncomfortable imo