What is the best host now for a business wbesite?

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
I don't need anything fancy, but it needs to be reliable and fast. I know Agabooga, if you still have that company, PM me.

Paging Rossman...

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I loved hostpc.com when I was with them, they were cheap and I never had an issue with them at all. Been like 6 months since I've had them, but if they haven't changed I'd still recommend them highly.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
I've had cookiehost for a while. They aren't hosting a business, but I've never encountered better service or customer support.

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Budget?

Don't really have one. But I guess I should have elaborated. It needs to be up 24/7 and fast, but it will not be getting a major amount of traffic, it is for an auto dealership web site.

NL5

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2003
Still loving my VPS from SLhost.com - crazy fast support, had them for over a year, and have never been down as far as I know. I hit that server pretty hard (really hard a lot of the time) - always fast. ALWAYS.

NanoStuff

Banned
Mar 23, 2006
If you expect a large number of hits with large and unpredictable deviation, a grid service is your best bet, otherwise nothing to contribute that hasn't already been said. Eventually, just about all hosting on the net will probably go on grids with the exception of the largest sites with very high hit consistency, but that's another story.

ed21x

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2001
Yahoo small business webhosting is really good and really reliable.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
We used a pair.com $15 account for several years at work as a mirror site for files on our main ServInt VPS and never had a problem with it. There were maybe 2-3 short downtime periods (<1 hour each) over several years.

The only downside to Pair is you are not given root access, so you can't install some software packages that require it.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: DaveSimmons
We used a pair.com $15 account for several years at work as a mirror site for files on our main ServInt VPS and never had a problem with it. There were maybe 2-3 short downtime periods (<1 hour each) over several years.

The only downside to Pair is you are not given root access, so you can't install some software packages that require it.

You just named two of the best web hosts IMHO.

Pair has been around for a very long time and ServInt's 24/7 support (including phone) simply kicks ass over the competition.

My current favorite VPS provider is WiredTree.com and I'm sure the 50% off coupon helped as well :)

Q

Lifer
Jul 21, 2005
I use that $7 one Rossman posted a while back, it's very good.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
I haven't had any complaints about addaction.net. YMMV. Probably better deals out there, but I'm too lazy to look.