What is the best gaming monitor for FPS?

Chess Gator

Jan 16, 2008
Hi group,

What are the characteristics I should be looking for in a top gaming monitor to play BF3? i.e. settings, Hz, refresh rate, jacks, etc.?

Is there one or two monitors that are the standout bests available today or coming out in the near future? i.e. what is everyone recommending these days as the best gaming monitor for FPS like BF3?

I live in Canada, any links to the best deals for your recommendations would be appreciated too!

Oh and what is the recommended "best" settings these days for gaming? My monitor is out of date now with maximum 60hz 1920X1080p.

Thank you very much in advance for your kind input

Cordially,

CG

Doom 4d

Nov 8, 2012
The absolute best monitor for an FPS game? A flat-screen 23 inch CRT.

BTW 1920x1080 60hz is not "out of date", despite how hard esports marketing will try to convince you otherwise.

Nov 26, 2005
best to look on Craigslist. I found 2 professional viewsonic pf 225 crts for 50$ a piece, then later on I found a Sony fw900 but it had a huge scratch dead center of the screen = declined it. but there are good deals to be had on Craigslist. just be careful dealing with people on there.

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
Any good monitor review is effectively comparing the quality to CRTs in terms of ghosting and input latency. CRTs are nearly instant and don't have the same problems that LCDs are. So for the very best FPS gaming a CRT is genuinely the right advice. Sounds nuts but I have seen pros lugging their massive CRTs around.