What is the best current 4k camera system on the market

Alpha One Seven

Golden Member
Sep 11, 2017
I am looking for an upgrade to a security system and need a good 4k camera system to replace my current system.

Alpha One Seven

Golden Member
Sep 11, 2017
Maybe a moderator will move it then? :) I was thinking security since it is a security system in the discussion.

Alpha One Seven

Golden Member
Sep 11, 2017
I want 6 cameras and don't want to spend over $10,000.00 for them.
I was looking at the Lorex ones and wondered if anyone is using them and what they think, I like the 130 feet color night vision feature they offer.

Of the ones you showed, which do you have?

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Yes, but the Security Forum is only for Computer Security.
This hardware will be used for area physical security - not computer security.

Alpha One Seven

Golden Member
Sep 11, 2017
Ah, then it should be called anti-virus section. :)
It is actually security monitored on a computer though, so it does cross the lines there. It isn't really black and white.
I went with the brand that looked the best and has the best features for my use, thanks.

Alpha One Seven

Golden Member
Sep 11, 2017
Wrong type of camera. :) Thanks anyways.
I already got the security cameras that were the best for my use and they are installed and working perfectly.

Syborg1211

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2000
Yes, but the Security Forum is only for Computer Security.
This hardware will be used for area physical security - not computer security.

I've seen a few of these threads moved to the Digital and Video Camera section, but I really wouldn't consider this the proper forum for these threads. I think the people who normally go to this forum are photographers and videographers, not security system people or people who would have any more idea about security cameras than the General Hardware forum, and the sparse response to these threads has shown this. Why isn't there a security system forum?

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Basically all questions in that area have been with regard to hardware. And, there have been very few of these that have not specifically been about camera hardware.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Basically all questions in that area have been with regard to hardware. And, there have been very few of these that have not specifically been about camera hardware.

They should jsut change the forum name to "Digital, Video and Security Cameras" then