What is the best and easiest way to transfer outlook express to mac mail?

dalearyous

Jan 8, 2006
basically a friend bought new imac and is currently using mac mail to check her email. i got all her contacts transferred over. but i haven't figured out how to transfer ALL her messages from outlook express on a windows xp machine to her mac mail...is there a quick easy way to do this?

if not what do i do?

hiromizu

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Connect OE to an IMAP server, dump the messages. Connect Mac Mail to IMAP server. Done.

dalearyous

Jan 8, 2006
i ended up selecting all the message in lets say the inbox folder and dragging/dropping into a folder on desktop...then moving that folder over to the mac, dragging messages into entourage, then dragging the folder of message in entourage onto the desktop which creates a .mbox file which i directly imported into mac mail...no problems

TangoJuliet

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2006
check out office2mac. its a $10 program that will convert all of her emails to .mbox files which you can then import into mail. i ran into this problem too when I went from outlook (.pst files) and wanted to transfer them to first entourage and then mac mail.

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
I thought I remembered this being asked before (maybe it was outlook and not outlook express) but I think someone suggested to download thunderbird (or whatever the app is that goes hand-in-hand with firefox)...

import into program and you can export from there in a format mac can use.

bearxor

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2001
That's the answer, though I've always used Eudora for the process. Basically, it'll import by itself from OE, and from there you can export it as .mbox, which MacMail can then import.